Sunday, November 20

Blogs are not dead

The other day I read a friends blog that said that since Facebook has come around that blogs are getting more and more scarce.  I don't want to be one of those that goes away.  I want to express my feelings.  I want to keep track of special moments and feelings that are going on in my life.  I admit, I haven't been the best lately at keeping my blog up to date, but I have tons of good excuses.  LOL  :)  None of them should be the reason that I haven't been doing it, but they are still there. 
Things that have happened since I last wrote is that I was issued a new calling.  I thought for sure that it was going to be Primary or something like that.  However, when they issued the calling, it was for.....Ward Choir Director.  Yep, one of my scariest callings ever.  Add to that, the fact that they also informed me that the choir would be singing 6 times in the next month and a half including singing in Stake Conference and that nobody really liked the songs that the choir had been practicing.  So, all new songs, and no time to learn them with all the holidays coming up too.  No stress, right? Riiiiight!  :)  So, luckily, I have been blessed to have people who have been coming and learning the songs quickly.  Little by little and with a TON of prayer and blessings, it is slowly coming together. 
Spencer has now gotten 6 teeth total.  He still has his grin that goes COMPLETELY off his face it is so big.  When he smiles, my world just falls into place and everything is perfect.  It also helps that he started to say "mama" in the last 3 days.  He is such a blessing in our family.  I don't know what we did before he came to our family. 
Brinley has started using a reverse walker the correct way.  She still walks with it backward better, but she has started to use it correctly and stands really tall when she uses it too.  She has also started using her "yea" and "no" correctly too.  She is getting better at trying to talk too. 
Caden has been growing and growing, oh, and have I mentioned growing?  I can't believe how big he is getting.  He is a fabulous helper and loves playing with Spencer and Brinley and making them laugh.  He has a great imagination and has started to create a book where he is designing his "inventions".  I can't believe that he is almost old enough to be baptized.  Heaven help me!  :)
Bill is still loving his job.  We both love all the guys that he works with.  He truly works with a great bunch of guys. 
This last week, we raked the leaves in Grandpa's front yard and had a BLAST!  Caden overcame his fear of the leaf blower.  Brinley had fun ripping all the leaves into tiny pieces.  Spencer just laughed at Grandpa and had fun throwing the leaves at everyone.  I love Fall!  The day after we raked the leaves, there were just as many leaves on the ground as before.  LOL  And it snowed yesterday to top it all off.  Caden cried "No!" all afternoon as the snow melted.  :) 
We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving this week and then on Saturday will be Brinley's birthday.  Good times!  We'll make sure to post lots of pictures.

1 comment:

shellie said...

I don't want blogs to die either!

I can't believe you're the ward choir director. I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like that.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust