Ok, so here is the update on everything lately. Two weeks ago, Brinley had an EEG at Primary Children's and we got the results back. They came back NORMAL! Not just normal for a child with brain damage, but normal kid normal. So, as of right now, she is having normal brain activity! Then, to add of to our joy, we were approved to remove her G-tube. So, we removed it a week ago last Friday. She has been living in towels and diapers and nothing else since then. :) Who knew that removing a tube from the stomach could be so messy! From what the doctors said when we first put it in, I thought that it would close up within a couple hours. Nope, not to be the case. They said that if it didn't close up completely within 3 weeks, that they could go in and put a couple stitches in to help close it up. They would also fix her umbilical hernia at the same time. Man! So now I am kind of torn. LOL. I want it to fix on its own. However, I would like to have her umbilical hernia fixed too. So, it's 6's on what we want to have happen. We were taping the guaze pads onto her belly like with her G-tube, but changing it every hour was making her poor little belly so raw. So, we talked to Home Health Care, and they sent us out some Cephlex tape. Seriously, that stuff rocks! She has been leaking a lot less, and we aren't tearing her belly apart with tape. And, Caden got some Power Bands tonight. He says that Brinley is a Super Hero with her colored Super Hero belt. So, we had a strip too small to go around her belly so we made him some bands for his arms. He was now a Super Hero too. He loved it. :) Little things are seriously the best!

Brinley got a visit from Mark, her Physical Therapist this last week and got her corner chair. :) It is made out of styrofoam and covered in contact paper. It is like she is sitting in a corner and helps her strengthen her core and play with stuff on the tray. Who knew! Man, I wish I would have had this for Caden. LOL.
She's still so tiny. But, it is fun to have her be able to sit and watch what's going on. She really likes it so far. 
She's still so tiny. But, it is fun to have her be able to sit and watch what's going on. She really likes it so far. 
We got to take her to Friday's Kids this last week so we could have a date night. They provide care with Nurses and Volunteers so that parents with special needs children can have date nights or dates with their children without worrying about leaving their special needs children. It is a great program. They are going to be on Good Things Utah Monday morning, and then they are having a special auction to raise money for their program. 100% of the profits go to caring for the kids. The link is: http://www.fridayskids.org/. Just in case you would like to bid on anything they have. They even have Disneyland passes! Wahoo!
Anyway, so we took her there and had a date night with Caden. We took him to Trafalga to go miniature golfing. They have remodeled their indoor course and have turned it into a glow-in-the-dark course. It was a blast as we were all wearing white. LOL. And, who knew it, but Caden made a whole in ONE!
Yes, on hole 10, he hit the ball and in the hole it went. Bill and I weren't even that lucky all night. Hmmmm, maybe the next Tiger Woods? He he he. And yes ladies, he is single. LOL He LOVES this shirt.
Yes, on hole 10, he hit the ball and in the hole it went. Bill and I weren't even that lucky all night. Hmmmm, maybe the next Tiger Woods? He he he. And yes ladies, he is single. LOL He LOVES this shirt.
I had my "last day" of work this last Friday. It was fun to see people that I haven't seen in a long time. So many people had changed though. It was nice to talk to people and see how much you truly are loved. As much as I loved it, I still do love being home. I wouldn't change it for anything. I love being a mom.
9 comments:
Welcome home, Kat!
Brinley is getting so big! That's great about Friday's Kids. Who would have ever thought to do that? It's wonderful. I love the superhero belt and power bands. Too funny!
I also love Brinley's chair to "strengthen her core." It sounds so "Pilates." She's so hip!
Congrats on being a SAHM now! Wahoo!
I love seeing pictures. Keep 'em coming!
Way to go Brinley! All normal results that is great. Anna has an outie belly button too. Love the chair. And Congrats to Caden on the golfing. Love the shirt!
Wow, I can't believe how big Caden is getting! Love his shirt! Brinley looks great! I'm so glad everything is going well for you guys. Miss you tons!
Heather
What a wonderful miracle! I'm so excited about Brinley's EEG. You guys are my heros! You have faith to move mountains! I feel so honored to call you friends. Look at what a little man Caden is! I'm excited to have found your blog!
LOVE YA KAT!
WOW! You are a trooper! SHE is a trooper. She is SO DANG cute and tiny. I LOVE the pic of her sitting up in that chair that is way too cute! I am so happy to hear the results of her EEG! That must be a relief! Friday's kids seems AWESOME!
Caden is HILARIOUS!! I LOVE the shirt and the fact that is his favorite. The golfing cracks me up too, Judson totally kicks our butts at golf and has for a while now.
Bill told us about the G-tube, but not the EEG . . . What WONDERFUL news!! Your kids are *both* beautiful! And I'm glad to know about the renovated Trafalga, Mason has been bugging us to take him, and I wasn't all too excited about it, but glow in the dark mini golf sounds fun. Especially when you finish it off with a hole in one!
Gotta love the tape. Hopefully she'll be all fixed up soon!
I've never seen the SAHM before, it looks a lot like shamu to me. =o) Ouch! I love being a SAHM too though.
I am so excited for you guys! Especially Brinley! When she moves from that to a Bumbo chair, I have one you can use. Loved the pictures!
Post a Comment