Friday, December 19

It is FINISHED!

I finally got it done! After starting Brinley's stocking last year, I finally got it done. I started really working on it about a month ago. However, things have gotten extremely busy with my new calling in Young Womens, and wtih trying to get everything else done. LOL! Isn't that how it always goes? Anyway, Bill took the kids out of the house this morning, and gave me some time to get it finished before Christmas came. :) So, I was able to finish it up and put it on the wall so
Santa won't forget her" as Caden would say. It isn't easy to make stockings, but I love having that personal feeling to Christmas. I like being able to make it ours. Plus, it was fitting that Brinley's was an angel. :) I'll post pictures of our family next post, I am off to go finish more Christmas stuff.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I can't sew a button. Sad.
Your amazing.

Kristen said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your stockings! All of them, not just Brinley's. Not that you don't have anything better to do than take pictures for my sake... =o) Way to go getting it done!

Susie said...

I want to see these stockings! MIL's are all felt pieces and sequins. They're pretty cool, but Brad's 17 and his isn't finished yet...
I want us to all have red stockings with white snowflakes, maybe with a few white sequins at the tips, but then I found really rich-looking velvet stockings with tassels at the Dollar Store and they've been more than satisfactory, so I have much less motivation to get mine done!

Susie said...

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see your pictures and pics of the stockings!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust