Sunday, December 21

The Polar Express


So, we had a party yesterday. We invited some of Caden's friends over to come in their pajamas, watch Polar Express and drink "hot, hot, hot, hot chocolate". It was so much fun. We brought out the plethera of blankets, pillows, and let the kids just take over the living room. We had a total of 17 kids here. (Yes, I know, I am a little bit insane.) We all had a blast! At the end of the movie, I brought out a bell for each of them, and asked them if they could hear it and if they could, they believed in Santa Claus. They were all SO excited to know that they could hear the bell. The next 10 minutes consisted of nothing but bell ringing. I have to admit that I think Santa must be a little nuts if he's willing to listen to that kind of noise all night long. LOL :) But, it was so much fun to see the kids ask their parents if they could hear the bell, and then tell them in excited voices, "You BELIEVE! You can hear the bell! You believe in Santa Claus!" It makes the season of stress and trying to get everything done, completely worth it.
In all of the hustle and bustle this year, I have been trying to get in the holiday spirit, and it has been really hard. I know that it is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and trying to remember him in all we do this time of year, however, running here and there and everywhere kind of takes it all out of you. However, I have been blessed to be able to prepare a lesson to teach to our Young Women about Christmas today. It is amazing how strong I have been able to feel the spirit and bring it all into perspective. I love this time of year and the spirit of the season. I am glad that I am able to have this time to prepare and to remember the real reason that we celebrate this time of year. I can't wait to teach my lesson today. I just hope that I can convey to the girls how important the Savior is in our lives and how we are so blessed because of Him.

Merry Christmas to everyone! And here are some pictures of the stockings and family that were promised.


14 comments:

Heather said...

Great pics Kat!!! They are gorgeous! I love the last one of you and Bill!!! You look fabulous! Love the stocking! I remember when you brought the material in to work.

Kimmers said...

Hey there, love that family pics. Who took them? You guys look great!!

Helen said...

Thanks so much for inviting Kaden to the polar express party. It meant so much to him. He had so much fun!! I love your family pictures. What a beautiful family!!! Also, your lesson today was one of the best lessons. The Spirit was so strong and you did an amazing job.

Adhis said...

Ashlee did a great job with your photos. I love the black on black family photo in the masthead.

Thanks for being so nice. Your attitude is just the thing I need to get through some days.

Mason/Sam/Family said...

Super Cute! Great family pictures. We need to have some new ones done soon. And of course, super cute on the stockings! I'm glad you got them done - they turned out great! Did you ever get the advent calendar finished? I was just talking to a friend tonight about maybe helping her get some done for her family. Great job! Persistance pays off!

Katy said...

What an awesome party! You are such a fun mom to do that!

Also, the family pics are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jackie said...

The party looks so fun! We love Polar Express!I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Marie said...

Kat,

You are just AMAZING! I love the pictures, the stockings, the party is the best idea, and your lesson was *just what I needed.* It was beautiful. Thank you for your example to so many of us. Merry Christmas!!!

Kikibug said...

I agree with the others, You are so amazing! You also look so beautiful in these pics, I like Bill's hair shaved too. These pics are great! Your family is precious. I hope we can get together more in 2009.. that would mean two times or more. Sad that we live so close yet...so far away.

Susie said...

Fun pictures! And great job on your stockings. They all match...did you buy a bunch of the supplies, hoping you'd need them all? When i found the $1 stockings, I bought six :) I figured I'd have our bases covered.
Then I came up with a great idea! I hung up 4, and kept the two extras in my closet on hangers. I stuffed them as I bought stocking stuffers. on Christmas Eve, I just switched the full ones for the empty ones!
I think you'll probably not want to make duplicates of your stockings, though :)

Lyns said...

What a great mom you are! That looks like so much fun! Your family pictures and your stockings are darling.

Janet said...

Thanks for inviting all the kids, they had a blast!!! You are amazing.
I LOVE your new pictures. They are awesome. I love the one of you guys together, you two look great.
Thanks for your great attitute, your amazing. I'm so glad that we're neighbors. Your stockings are beautiful.

Jackie said...

My goodness, you get so many comments on your blog! I'm jealous. Those pics of Brinley are adorable! She is so sweet!!

Alyce said...

LOL, a family in our ward said they went to utah, and when they saw dozens of babies with HUGE flowers strapped to their heads, they said, "yep, we're in utah." they also saw a sign that said "build your house with a food storage room and fill it with a free years supply of food"!!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust