At least for tonight I hate Lehi. Ask me tomorrow and I will probably have cooled off and I will be fine but tonight we just had a night with Lehi, and namely their police. We came home from spending a happy 4th of July with my parents in Orem and we arrived home just as the fireworks ended at Thanksgiving Point. As we were getting off the freeway, the police had blocked off the exit ramp and you could not turn left, they would only let you turn right headed toward Highland/Alpine! Anyone who has been in this area knows that this is a road that you can not flip a "u" on and turn around. We had to go all the way to the light and tried to flip a "u" there, but there were so many people who were turning right at the light, that we couldn't, and we ended up having to turn left, drive down the road a ways past all the traffic, and then flip a "u". We then had to wait in traffic to turn right at the light. Wait in traffic to go straight through a light, and then find out that they were letting all other ways of traffic go through as normal, they just wouldn't let people coming off the freeway from Northbound traffic turn left. By this point it had been half an hour from when we had exited the freeway. I was FUMING! I know that there is a lot of traffic from the fireworks at T.P., but serously, there wouldn't have been any problem if we could of just had police directing traffic to turn left along with the other traffic also.
Ah, it feels so good to get it off of my chest. If you are still reading, thanks for being my sounding board. :)
3 comments:
For future reference, you could have made a right towards Fox Hollow Elementary. That road is the same one that leads to the exit by the sod farm near State Road.
Don't hit me!
Traffic really sucks in Lehi. Ryan can tell you all about why! And then he says, "I could fix that."
I was afraid that the story was going to end with a ticket! At least that didn't happen.
Post a Comment