Friday, October 30

I Got My Piano! And Brinley Updates!


As some of you know, I have been looking at getting a piano. I have been checking the classifieds religiously and it paid off today! I found this beauty and we went and checked it out today. It is an old piano, built in 1904, solid old wood (I think mahogany) the top of the piano folds up so that it can provide more volume like a grand piano. The bottom part under the keyboard pulls out and can hold piano music. It has 2 black keys that play, but are broken that will need to be fixed, but it is absolutely beautiful! It looks like the piano that my Grandma Merkley had at her house. I am so excited to get this piano. It is going to be wonderful in my house! And, miracle of miracles, it was only $150! Yeah, I am totally stoked about that part of it. We are going to pick it up on Tuesday. I'll take pictures of it when we get it all in, but I have the picture from the ad that I saw to get it. :)

And the new update for Brinley is that .............she can suck out of a straw! At her group therapy this last Thursday, I was using a straw bottle, and she started sucking it out all by herself instead of me squeezing the bottle to get it out of the straw for her! This is a MAJOR accomplishment. Not only is it cool that she can drink out of a straw, but it also helps her out a ton with her speech skills. It helps her learn to use her tongue and her lips more, so it might help her to talk. So, here is to baby steps, and here is to learning to use straws! :) I might just have to go buy her a flip straw cup, just to celebrate!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Wahoo for Brinley! She is the cutest little miracle girl! Congrats on an amazing piano, so jealous!

Janet said...

HHHOORRAAYY!! on both things.

Susie said...

Oh, man! I was going to say, "Hooray on both counts!" but Janet said that already. Oh well.

Jackie said...

Awesome , Awesome.

Lyns said...

Yay for Brinley and AWESOME about the piano! My grandma left me her piano and it has been so nice to have it in our home! Now if only I could find a little time to play . . . . . Good luck with that! :) And yes, it was super fun to see you in Disneyland!

Kristen said...

It's a gorgeous piano. And I'm so happy for Brinley, You are a great mom.

littlefox said...

Yay for Brinley. I'm so proud to say I was there for the big moment! And I love the piano! Don't you just love buying beautiful old things? We're all loving our piano. I'm sure you guys will too! Keep in touch!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust