Saturday, September 18

Ok, so that didn't go too well... LOL

Ok, so I wasn't able to get the pictures downloaded and I wasn't able to update the blog. But I do have a really good excuse. I have been getting things done. LOL
This last week was pretty hecktic. We had therapy appointments on top of therapy appointments. Cousins to babysit, and kids to run to school, and things practically every night. Thursday morning, Brinley had surgery to put tubes in her ears. She was such a strong little trooper. She did fantastic, even gave the nurse "loves" as she was carried down to the operating room. When she was done, the doctor came out and told us that the stuff that was in her ears was so thick it was like rubber cement. He said that for the fluid to be that thick in her ears that it had to have been in there for a VERY long time. But he said that he was able to get it all out and that the tubes should help a lot.
On Friday, we got to have our ultrasound! We went in and everything looks great. The baby is measuring perfectly and everything looks good. The heart is strong, which is the main thing that I was worried about after Brinley's little stunt she pulled when she was born. And everything else looks good too. When the doctor went to show us whether it was a boy or a girl, it pulled it's legs even tighter and it's arms up even closer and wouldn't let us see. The doctor then proceeded to push the ultrasound thing into my belly and shook it like a bowl full of jelly! He told the baby "Wake up! Hey, move in there!" He had to do this three times before the baby finally moved enough to show us that (as the doctor said) "Yep, look, there's something sticking up right there. It's a boy!" So, we are totally excited. We were thinking that it was a boy and it is. Caden was bound and determined that it was a girl. So he was kind of disappointed to find out that it is a boy. But when he saw the picture of the baby waving at him, then he completely fell in love with his little brother. He's also excited that he is going to get to share his bedroom with him when we build our new house. :)
Then all this weekend, Bill has been helping out the neighbor picking his peaches. The rewards were definately worth it as we were able to get some peaches for our fresh peach ice cream pie tonight. YUMMY! Definately a tradition every single year. (Most likely multiple times a year.) And there are still enough for a couple more pies. :)
So, here's to a yummy weekend, and hopefully pictures being downloaded. Maybe we'll even be able to scan some of the ultrasound pics. Especially the waving one.

8 comments:

Lyns said...

You mean you have a life beyond blogging? Who knew! :) Just teasing. I'm so glad things went well with Brinley's surgery and that the baby is a healthy little boy! How exciting! (Oh - and I know you're busy, but I'm totally wanting some new pictures). :)

Mason/Sam/Family said...

Yea, a new little boy. Very fun - congrats! I hope Brinley feels better with the new tubes.

Susie said...

Hooray for boys! Congratulations!
Jared cried along with me when Luke was obviously a boy. But he got over it.

Kristen said...

So exciting! It will be fun to see the pictures and ultrasound but don't ever feel pressured to put anything before your family. We can wait. =o) But I love your posts. Congrats on the boy!

Janet said...

Hooray for your little boy! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

When will you be updating. Your last post was 3 weeks ago.

Grandpa in Phoenix

Jackie said...

You are the busiest person I know. Take a nap, or something.

Grandma Merkley said...

We would love to see more and hear the latest/

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust