 |
| I LOVE his smile! |
 |
| Caden just couldn't find his last egg! LOL |
 |
| LOVES her new dress even though it's a little big. |
Ok, I know I have not posted in a little while and I definately have some catching up to do. So, I have vowed that I will do it slowly but surely. So, I am going to post about our Easter. This year, it was a lot of fun to celebrate Easter. The Easter bunny visits our house at the first of the month to leave us our Easter pillowcases and treats on our beds. That way as it gets closer to Easter, we can focus on the true reason that we celebrate Easter. So, we have the fun and the real. It was lots of fun to have conversations with Caden and see what his mind could come up with about Jesus and the resurrection.
Becki and I started out trying to make some really cute Easter chicks that are cold packs for little kids. But she is prego and wasn't feeling too good. So mom and I made them and kept it all secret. We made one for all the grandkids and I think they turned out SO cute! I also wanted to sew Brinley's Easter dress. It turned out to be a trial in and of itself. Basically anything that could go wrong, did. I ended up having to go buy one piece of fabric that I was missing. I sewed the top part together only to find that it didn't fit around Brinley's chest. Had to make the top bigger, and got it a little too big. But at this point, I didn't care. She will grow into it. LOL Then I sewed the top onto the skirt and turned it inside out only to find that I had sewn the top on inside out, so it was backwards. I was really ready to just cry at this point. I was so tired and stressed out trying to get it all done. But I do have to say, I finished it at 12:30. Exactly half an hour before church started. So, alls well that ends well. LOL She LOVES her dress. Her hair was in "bumps" but she pulled them out so it ended up as "piggies". And no, she does not have her ears pierced, we just put stickers from her Easter egg on her ears. She absolutely loved it, so we might have to invest in some bling stickers for her ears for a while. Ha ha ha. I was going to make some ties for Caden and Spencer, but that was going to have to wait for a little while. I was going on a sewing strike after the dress experience. LOL
Family came over for the Easter egg hunt and it was a blast! We all had so much fun and I love watching the amazement in the kids eyes as they run around and find treasures. :) They all really liked the chicks that we made too. In fact, Caden won't let me put his in the freezer. He sleeps with it every night. It is hilarious. But all in all, it was a good Easter spent reflecting on the sacrifice of our Savior and how blessed I am that I have a wonderful family and can be with them for eternity. And being able to spend so much time with them.
2 comments:
Baby Spencer has the biggest smile ever! He is such a cutie. I soooo miss you. I love Brinleys dress and that you made Easter pillowcases. Such a great mom.
What a fun Easter! I've had those Chick-sicles on my to do list for awhile. Your's turned out great! Nice job!
Post a Comment