Thursday, December 22

Merry Christmas!

I have to say that I have the best kids EVER!  :)  We were driving around town today, listening to Christmas music, and the song "Oh Holy Night" came on.  All of a sudden, Caden starts singing along with all the joy in his sweet little heart.  He sang the entire song and then told me that he loved me and that I was the best mommy in the entire world.  I seriously LOVE that kid.  He is truly a joy and a huge help to me in my life.  He is my own personal warm fuzzy.  LOL  :)  And I have to say that I have needed a lot of that lately.
The Saturday after school let out for Christmas break, Brinley and Spencer both ended up in Instacare with hand, foot and mouth disease.  Lucky, lucky us!  Well, this last week, they have slowly started to get better, and we have quarantined our house.  But, Caden and Bill have also come down with it in the last couple of days.  So, still quarantined, and hoping beyond all hope that I don't get it and everyone is better for Christmas.  It's safe to say that all I have been seeing lately has been spots.  LOL  One good part to all of the spots and fevers and such is that I have had really cuddly kids, especially Spencer.  :)  He has been the most clingy of all.  But I just enjoy snuggling wtih him cause it usually never happens anymore as he is always active and everywhere now.
Last month we were able to get our family pictures taken and when we were leaving to wait for our pics to process, they asked us if we would like to get some pics with Santa for a trial thing they were doing this year.  So we of course said YES!  Here are some of the pics that we were able to get.
In having sick kids upon sick kids, I was not able to get our Christmas letter sent out this year.  So, chalk it up to another year that I didn't get it done.  Just know that I really do want to get it done.  It's just that life gets too busy, and my kids are a higher priority than a Christmas letter.  :)  Hopefully next year we will be in our new home and I will have a little more time to spend writing a letter.  LOL
Spencer REALLY wasn't digging the Santa bit.

Our happy little family.
The best kids EVER!


This kid NEVER stops!

Old blue eyes.  :)
My sweet little princess!

You've got to love her smile.

My little man!

He's getting so big!

The fun never stops with these three!

Brinley loved it when Santa copied what she said.

Trying to pull Santa's beard.  Shame, shame!
Here's hoping you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the time that you have together with loved ones.  I hope the spirit of Christ is present in your lives and that you feel His love for you too.
Merry, Merry Christmas!
The reason for the season.

2 comments:

Mason/Sam/Family said...

Oh my gosh - how grown up do your kids look in these cute pictures! Happy holidays!

Janet said...

Love the pictures!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust