Sunday, June 7

18 Months! It only took 18 months!


Yep, that is right. Brinley is 18 months old now. (Actually it was a little bit ago, but I have been too busy to blog, so it is now.) Today was her 3rd week in nursery. It is going kind of well. Today she actually ended up being in there for 30 minutes on her own without mom or dad in there with her. YAHOO! Baby steps, baby steps. Slowly she will be able to not have mom or dad there with her.

She had her 18 month appointment this last week. And...........

BRINLEY IS FINALLY ON THE CHARTS!

She weighed in at 18 pounds 10 ounces. This puts her in the .40 percentile of the charts! Her head circumference was 16 1/2 inches. This puts her in the .03 percentile of the charts. Her length is 28 inches long. This puts her in the .25 percentile of the charts. Below 1 percent all ends, but at least she is now on the charts! She is slowly but surely getting closer to where she needs to be. We were literally jumping up and down in the doctors office. And, they told us that they don't need to see us until her 2 year appointment. Yes, you read that right. I don't have to contribute to my doctors next vacation/childs college tuition/new car/boat/etc. for at least 6 months. LOL :) Just kidding! We love our pediatrition and the nurses to. They have been nothing but the best with us.

8 comments:

Susie said...

Wow, she's on the charts! It's strange, we're having the opposite problems at my house. Zach is nearly off the charts--he is over 40 lbs now!
So is she still in her infant car seat? Sorry, I have car seats on the brain since Zach just went over his weight limit...

That's awesome that you don't have to go to any more doctors. I'm sure you're sick of it!

Janet said...

Hooray Brinley!!! Congrats on nursery too! That is awesome! Thanks for being such a great neighbor. I love our talks. Your the best. We need to go out again soon. Love ya!

chelon:) said...

yay...brinley! you are a doll :)

JaNae said...

that's so exciting. And she really was doing so well in nursery. She is so darling.
and I love the picture (finally getiing around to looking at it) of amelia on the slip & slide!

Lyns said...

That is wonderful! And yay for Nursery! She'll get there and then you guys will be free to do as you please! I mean, attend all of your meetings. :)

Marcella said...

She is DARLING! Keep going strong Brinley! I bet nursery loves her!

Jackie said...

Adorable. The greatest thing is that she's in Nursery now!!!!

Lisa said...

That is so awesome! My daughter MOllie is doing her internship for Medical Office Assistant with Dr Wilcox. I ask if she saw you but she is unable to say dut to confidentiality. That is great that she is on the Charts now. She will catch up with Daisy soon. She is still such a little peanut. At her Kindergarden appointment she was in the 6%. But that is consistent for what she has always been. And when I took Hinton in for his two year they said they didn't need to see him until his 3 year check up! That seemed so crazy, I still think of him as my little baby!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust