Thursday, August 27

Caden Started Kindergarten!


Yes, it is true. Caden's first day of Kindergarten was today. He was SOOOOOOOOO excited. It was everything I could do to get him to not go out to the bus stop this morning at 7 am. LOL :) But I drove him to school because they had a meeting for the parents with the principal. And he met up with a lot of his friends on the Kindergarten playground. Then they lined up and went into their classrooms with their teacher. As you can tell by this picture, he gave me two thumbs up. He was definately excited to get going. :)

The rest is "as according to Caden". He said that they went inside and colored a picture, then he played in a little tiny green park. But he wanted it to be a huge park. Ha ha ha. Then he went inside and got a drink at a water fountain. The teacher said, "One, two, that's enough for you!" Smart teacher so the kids aren't at the water fountain all day. LOL :) He then got two treats from his teacher, got on the bus and then came home. He said that when they got close, he and his friend Mackay started chanting, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" What fun kids. :)

I got the biggest and longest hug that I have had in a while when he got off the bus. It was awesome. I missed my little man while he was gone, but I am so excited for him. He is loving being at school, and I am loving the fact that I have time where Brinley takes her morning nap, Caden is gone to school, and I have a little time to get some things done that are on my "to do list". :)

We are playing a question game right now that his teacher sent home with him. One of the questions is, Tell about a new friend in your class. He told me that there was a beautiful girl that he met but he couldn't remember her name. Just that she was beautiful. Oh boy, am I in TROUBLE!

Here's to a fun year for Caden and me! :)

7 comments:

Helen said...

I'm so glad Caden had a great 1st day. I'm anxiously awaiting Kaden to come home soon!!! Love ya!

Janet said...

Hooray Caden! I'm so happy that he had a great day!

Marcella said...

So fun to see all of our kids growing up! I bet Brinley will miss him!

Jackie said...

Awwww. he looked so happy, Jadon had a lot of fun too!

Mason/Sam/Family said...

Yeah for Caden! School is great - keep loving learning!

Alyce said...

sounds like fun. i kept falling asleep in biology on Thursday, i was so exhausted from seminary! and i'd slept in! (5:30)

Lisa said...

That is Awesome! Daisy started too, However she was not Thrilled! But she did have a great first day and is excited to go back.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust