Sunday, November 29

Two Years, Two Very Short Years













I can't believe it, but yes, it has been two very short years since Brinley was born. We were so lucky to be able to have her birthday on Thanksgiving this year. It is amazing to think of all the MANY miracles we have been able to have in our lives since she was born. She has amazed us all at everything she does and is continuing to do.
I was looking at the picture of her that we took last year and she weighed maybe 8 pounds. This year, she is now 22 pounds. She has finally got on the charts, just barely, but she is on it by .01. Every little bit counts. LOL :) She has learned to roll around everywhere, she interacts with people, looks for daddy whenever he comes home, loves to play with my hair when I am holding her, and loves to learn new things. I love the fact that she loves books. She can sit there and turn the pages of a book with me for hours. It makes keeping her occupied in church really simple, but fun. :)
It amazes me at how much we have been given and how much I am thankful for. I am so thankful for Thanksgiving and the opportunity we have to reflect on all of our blessings. We never planned on anything happening like it did, but I would never change any of it for a minute. We have gotten to know some really great people and great friendships have been made because of Brinley. She has every one of her therapists, daddy, mommy, brother, grandpa, grandma, and just about everyone else wrapped around her little finger. All she has to do is smile her great big smile at you and your heart just melts.
I know this is all kind of hodge-podge, but my thoughts are just racing and won't come together. And, since it has taken me a couple of days to get this down, I am just going with it.
Thank you Brinley for coming to our family and being part of our lives. You have blessed us and me more than you will ever know. Love you!

12 comments:

King Family said...

such heartfelt comments, I am so glad that she is here with you as well, she is such an adorable little girl, and she has a wonderful mother to help her through life.

Mason/Sam/Family said...

Happy Birthday Brinley - what a brave, strong little girl you are. Keep it up!!!

Sheree said...

She is darling! Love those glasses. And she has grown so much this year!

Janet said...

She is such a miracle! I love her high fives :)

Adhis said...

It's amazing how something that started so scary grew into such a blessing.

It seems Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. ;)

Helen said...

I can't believe it's been two years! I'm so glad to know your family!!!

Heidi said...

Sweet Brinley is such a little miracle and I love to see her at church and think about how far she's come! Congrats to her on all the major milestones she's just reached!

CBG said...

Sweet girl. She is just amazing.

Jackie said...

How awesome. You guys are lucky to have each other.:-)

Amy said...

She is a beautiful little miracle!

Heather said...

Glad to hear she's doing so well!!! I can't believe our babies are 2 years old already! And you're right, two VERY short years. I LOL'd at your comment on my blog at "I can't believe Jack is 2 already" because I thought "well, Brinley is too!!" :) We'll have to get together soon so you can meet Jillian!

Grandma Merkley said...

She is my precious little granddaughter. What would we do without you Brinley.
Love Grandma Merkley

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust