Friday, December 4

Hmmmmmmm.......

Twas midafternoon and what should I hear?
Not a sound, not a peep, and I thought "Oh dear!"
I checked for the kids, I saw Caden right there.
But where was that Brinley? I didn't see her anywhere.
I looked and I looked. I looked high and I looked low.
She had recently started rolling and exploring you know.
Yesterday she found the bathroom and the dogs water bowl to my dismay.
It's all in good fun. She just loves to play.
Then, what was that? Did I just hear a giggle?
I go in the kitchen, I see a door jiggle.
My Brinley, sweet Brinley had made such a trek.
She had rolled her sweet self through the kitchen (it was a wreck!)
She rolled past the fridge, she rolled past the sink.
She rolled past the oven and the trash, it did stink!
Into the pantry she found her delight!
A bag full of plastic bags! Just within sight!
She grabbed and she pulled and she giggled with glee.
Fun toys, she thought, and they're all just for me!
And that, my dear friends is just where I found her.
She looked up at me with such joy and such laughter.
I couldn't be angry, I just had to laugh.
Then I took her upstairs for a nice long hot bath.

9 comments:

Amy said...

You are so cute! I can't imagine a better mom for Brinley!

Jackie said...

Awesome story. Great poem too.

Janet said...

so creative!

Adhis said...

You just upped the ante when it comes to blog posts.
You made up a rhyme, which my blog does not boast.
If I tried to do that, I'd end up with this:
I had a good day. That is all. Love, Adhis

kjha said...

You are so awesome! It's fun to read about Brinleys amazing advancements! Getting her a present this year should be easy...can't go wrong with ziplocks.

Kat said...

Adhis, you are hiilarious! :) Gotta love ya!

Heather said...

Cute Kat!!!

Grandma Merkley said...

I loved it! You remind me of Grandma Dennis as she made up poems and rhymes for little things that happened. Love you tons!
Love, Mom

Kristen said...

Adhis, nothing rhymed! I guess that was your point.

I love that kind of poem, thanks Kat! I felt like I was there watching.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust