Ok, so Brinley got her Botox this last week. She got a total of 8 shots, 4 in each leg. 2 in the hamstrings, and 2 in the gastrocs. (Those are the calf muscles, don't worry if you didn't know that, I didn't until this last week either. LOL) So, it takes about 4-6 days to kick in. She was seriously such a little trooper. She didn't cry at all during the whole thing. I thought she might pass out from holding her breath and looking at me like she was saying, "MOM! What are you letting them do to me?!" But, she did fantastic and was so good. They were totally impressed with how still she held and how good she did.
She is getting fitted for her foot braces this next Monday. I don't know how long it will take them to make them, but at least we'll be a little bit closer to getting them to help her out.
She got fitted for her gait trainer today. She got one called a pony walker. It is seriously so cute and little. I will have to post pictures of her on it later. Caden's new favorite thing to do is to push Brinley around the house in it. She loves it and moves her little feet like she is walking. Hopefully she will catch on to the fact that she needs to move it by herself. :)
She is truly learning things so fast. Yesterday she learned how to "blow kisses". This is something that we are so VERY excited about. She did it for one of her therapists today, and he totally loved it. I am so excited that she is starting to catch on to signing a little bit. She is truly a wonder!
3 comments:
Oh cute girl!!
She is so stinkin' cute!! I am so glad she is doing as good as she is. I always think back to Becki's bridal shower when I first met her and how tiny tiny she was. Amazing how far she has come!! She is lucky to have such a patient and loving mom!
I'm sooo glad to know I'm not the only one who does botox.
Post a Comment