Ok, so this last week has been a busy one! We had at least 2 therapy/doctor appointments every day this last week. Crazy, but we managed. LOL We put our townhouse up for sale too. Yes, we are trying to move. We need to find a rambler type house that we can live in with Brinley as they are now fitting her with braces for her legs, she is getting Botox on Thursday, and they are also fitting her for a Gait Trainer as she has started to take tiny steps when we hold her up. We are really excited for all the new things she has started to do. In fact, last week, she started Horse Therapy. She was completely petrified of it to begin with and cried for the first half of the session. I had to go out and walk along the side of the horse so that she would stop crying. Today's session was a little better. She didn't cry as long as she couldn't see me. When she could see me, she would start crying. I had to laugh though, cause she would clap and cry at the same time. It was the funniest thing, we were all laughing at it. Hopefully she will catch on to how much fun it is and start enjoying herself more. Last week at Motor Skills class, we were practicing walking and standing and she took steps up some of the half steps that they have. I was completely amazed! Then we went to go have feeding time, and she started to feed herself a graham cracker! It was a miraculous day! It is such a blessing to be able to have her feed herself a little bit. It frees me up so that I might be able to get a semi warm meal now. LOL :) She went crazy on cheeto puffs (her favorite food by the way) when we had lunch. She fed herself 6 of them without batting an eye. Hallelujah! Now we need to just get her to start chewing her food. LOL
Overall, we have had a busy last week, yet one full of miracles and blessings. I wouldn't have traded it for anything else. Here's to another great week! :)
8 comments:
I'm excited for her Botox! She'll look months younger!
Yay for Brinley :) Sad for moving :( You're an amazing woman Kat. I love you!
It's amazing to follow your story...good luck with the sale of your townhouse. I'm sure more miracles await!
I can't believe how much she's growing! I'm sure a lot of that has to do with her mom too; )
You're amazing
Way to go BOB!!!! I am so excited for her and you guys as well.... Yeah on the move, it will be great for you guys. I miss you and love you all!!!
such a cute blog, you have a beautiful family. So glad we can keep in touch better now. You are awesome Katrina!
I haven't heard of horse therapy but that's so smart!
Hang in there mama, you are doing an amazing job with your kids.
your children are so precious!!! What a beauty, that Brinley is! So sweet. I have a special guy, too. It's a crazy hard and neat life, eh?
Love, Bree
Post a Comment