Ok, so I have been really bad at getting things done lately. We have been really busy. Got the roof fixed on my sisters house, the garage will be another day. Caden graduated from Kindergarten. Brinley finished one stint of horse therapy, we had a slight break, and now we have started Summer! I will post pictures of things when I can find the cord to my camera. LOL I put it somewhere where I wouldn't lose it. :) In order to keep my sanity and be able to have some fun this Summer, we have decided that we are going to have library Wednesdays, and Field Trip Fridays. The library here has a summer reading program where they have little parties and every week you keep a goal that you set to read, you get coupons for free things. It is awesome, and Caden has gone wild with it! He set a goal to read for 30 minutes a day, and so far he has been doing it! Also, Barnes and Noble has a reading thing with the 39 Clues where if you read 8 books (it can be any 8 books you choose) and write them down and turn in your "passport" then you get a free book from their list. Caden did it and he LOVES his new book. We had to read the whole book the first day and he didn't pick an easy or short book either. LOL
Daddy has Fridays off since he works 4 ten hour days. So, we decided that every Friday we would do something fun and out of the ordinary. I love to see how things are made and how things work, so I am thinking that we will try to find places that we can take tours of factories and such. Caden wants to go hiking (thanks to Mesh) and go see a cave. So, we are going to be making our list of things that we want to do. The first week we went to Taffy Town. It was so much fun! They don't let you take a tour, but the people are really friendly, you get to watch little clips on how the Taffy is made, and then you get to sample the taffy and fudge. The lady that was there was so cute and helpful. She answered ALL of Caden's questions that he had. On the way home from the "field trip", he told me that he wished EVERY DAY was Friday. He is such a cute kid! I am so glad that he is in our family.
Tonight was the Summer Fest here. We let Caden stay up and watch the fireworks. He was taking a bath when they started going off. You can see them really good from my parents back yard. I have NEVER seen him get out of the tub so fast in my life! When he got outside, you would think that he had never seen fireworks in his enire life. He was so excited, he named all the colors of every firework, then at the end, he was yelling "BOOM!" along with all the fireworks. Crazy kid!
Good times, good times!
4 comments:
Try the Sweets candy factory.You go on an awesome tour, get to wear hair nets and get a bag of taffy at the end. My kids loved it!
Our library's summer reading program is great too! My sister's bookstore in E.M. has one but you're a bit far from there now. We love summer programs. Don't feel bad about being "behind" - it sounds like you're accomplishing a lot!
It would take fireworks to get my kids out of the tub too.
I'm purposely NOT planning any special trips, 'cause somehow, they seem to plan themselves and our house is a wreck and I'm never home!
You sound like you're ready to be a Den Leader, eh? That's what Cub Scouts do, going on tours and learning how things work. Jared started as a Tiger Cub (the Church doesn't start that young, but of course Ryan does)
Any news about your new house?
Post a Comment