Oh my goodness! What joy and gladness are filling me to my very toes tonight! I was checking my blog right before bed and I had a comment from a blog that I frequent called Everything is Pink. It is a really fun website that has great ideas and she is hilarious. Well, this last blog she had, she asked people to comment on their favorite Halloween costumes that they have had, and the winner would get a cool Halloween banner from Emmie Cakes. They make totally cute banners and are located here in Utah.
Well, needless to say, she told me that I had won! I almost fell out of my chair. She had gotten 98 comments on her blog with Halloween costume ideas. I was so excited that I was literally giggling and doing my happy dance in my chair. The Halloween costume I told about was the one I made last year. I was a "Bathing Beauty". I took a plastic tub, cut the bottom out, tied rope to hold it over my shoulders, wore a white shirt with balloons pinned to it to look like bubbles, had a rubber duck glued to the side, had a shower cap over my head, and a back scratcher to boot. The kicker was that I took a pair of nylons and stuffed them with batting, then took a pair of high heels, and attached them to the bottom of the nylons with fishing line so they wouldn't fall off, and then crossed the legs so it looked like I was sitting in the tub. It was a great costume.
I seriously can't believe that I won. I was drooling over the Halloween banner earlier and putting it on my wish list, and now I get it. Wahoo! This has been a GREAT day! :) Happy Halloween!
7 comments:
Congratulations! How exciting. I would be giddy, too! :-)
Now, that costume sounds absolutely adorable and fun. Surely you must be able to rustle up a picture or two to share??
Congrats!!! I too would LOVE to see some pictures of that. It sounds way funny. You come up witht he best ideas.
Hooray! That is too cute. Great idea!
I clicked over to see the Halloween banner. It IS cute. I can see why you wanted it so bad. :) CONGRATS!
Pictures! I was going to request one too, but they beat me to it. Did anyone take a picture of your fabulous costume? Congrats on the contest!
Congrats! I remember that costume! ;)
I can't wait to see your Halloween banner! That's so exciting that you won! :) btw thanks so much for watching my kiddos! You're awesome.
Post a Comment