I am very grateful and thankful for the random kind lady at Home Depot last night. She brightened up my day and made me want to be better and help out others more.
We had a rose bush die in front of our house a little while ago. So, I have been meaning to replace it. However, we have had people working on the landscaping and putting down tarp cover and such. So, I have felt the urgency even more. We went to Home Depot hoping to get a rose bush last night. But, by the time we got there, it was dark and we couldn't really see well. But, we saw their rose bushes out front and went over to look at them. There was a lady standing by them, and she informed Bill that they were all sold. Apparently she and her husband got a screaming good deal on them and got about 50 rose bushes for dirt cheap. So, we were out a rose bush. No worries, I told her. :) We were just looking for one and we would be able to find it. She then said, "You only need one? I'll give you one." My jaw dropped to the ground. I told her she didn't have to do that, and that honestly, we would be fine. She then said, "What color were you looking for? My gift to you." What a sweet lady. She found me a yellow rose bush, and I was able to get it planted today before they finished dumping new dirt on top of the tarp. Yahoo!
It is people like her that make me happy and make me want to be a better person every day too. :)
9 comments:
What a great experience! I love hearing about things like that. Hooray!!
Kat, thank you for that post. It's wonderful and refreshing to be reminded that despite all the yuck, there are MANY genuine good, kind people all around us. You are a perfect example of this kind of person, too!
Aw, that's so nice! And thanks for sharing it, because it just brightened a lot more peoples' days!
And ditto the comment above. You totally would have done the same thing!
Can I tell you how much I loved and NEEDED this post right now! I just read the most horrific post on my friends blog about HORRIBLE things and I start thinking that everyone is an insane and horrible. Thanks so much for this and proving my negative thoughts wrong. I knew they were, I just need to be reminded. Thanks nice lady for giving Kat the rose bush.
Gotta love a "feel good" moment. Thank you for sharing!
Oh, I thought you recognized me.
=o) Ha!
How nice of the lady! That happened to us a few weeks ago. Hope everything is going well! Miss you tons!!!
I need to be more like that nice stranger! What an amazing thing to do for someone! Hope you are good - T
you won you won!!!
Post a Comment