This last Thursday was Brinleys last day of her motor skills group therapy until the fall. So, to celebrate, they had a sensory extravaganza. Basically, an excuse to strip your kid down to their diaper and cover them in pudding and whip cream and let them go wild. LOL :) It was definately interesting to see the different reactions of all the kids in her group. Some screamed in sheer terror, and others went totally wild eating it all up, while yet others just stood there mystified at what they were being allowed to do. We all told the therapists that next time, they just need to get a kiddie pool and fill it with pudding, then just put the kids in that and let them go wild. LOL
After the extravaganza was over, we had our regular singing time and play/work on motor skills time. Luckily we all got to take pictures of the group. I definately loved being able to talk to the mothers in the group and getting to know their stories and their kids. They are truly angels!
Then, this last Saturday, we got to go to the NICU reunion that the hospital throws every year. It was so much fun to be able to see some of the doctors and nurses and thank them again for all their hard work, love, and support they gave us. We will NEVER forget it. They all loved being able to see Brinley and see how much she has improved from what we originally thought. Who knew that this little munchkin could turn into such a cute chunky monkey?! :)
And sorry about the pictures. Blogger saved them as code instead of pictures and my brain is not functioning enough right now to sort them all out. So, the ball pit and cool whip are the therapy group, and the carnival and nurses and doctor are the reunion. Good luck figuring it all out. LOL :)
8 comments:
That is seriously so cute! I love Brinley's picture at the top :)
Way to go Brinley!
Jacob was unable to attend the NICU reunion this year. We were really sad about it. I recognized everyone in the photos. Love the pudding bath!
What fun! I LOOOVE the top picture of Brinley! How adorable!
Okay, first of all, that pic of Brinley on top of your blog is priceless! It looks like you guys had a great time and the cool whip and pudding part looks awesome!
How fun!!! I can't believe how Brinley has changed in the last few months - finally some meat on her little bones. Sam needs some hints on how to put some weight on.
i just want to squeeze that little munchkin! she is so darling.
Oh my goodness, Brinley looks adorable in that picture. That smile is worth a million dollars. Looks like she had a great time!
Holy cow Brinley looks great. I met you in Motor class and then they kicked me out. I really miss motor class you are right the moms and kids in there are really special. I should come back just to visit. LOL.
Post a Comment