Wednesday, May 13

Teething, A Blessing And A Curse! And Surgeries Are DONE!

Oh, how I wish teething would be over already. Brinley has started teething her molars this last week. She has been miserable the last two days especially. She has tried to be happy and be fine, but she can't sleep very well and cries. I have been loving the teething tablets and orajel and tylenol. They have become both hers and my very good friend. I was feeling around inside her mouth this morning and one of them has poked through, so hopefully it will be over soon. Poor thing! Now we just need to get her to use those teeth and bite things and eat food. :)
Caden had his last surgery on his spot today. He was very excited to not have to go back again in 3 months. So, he has officially had 11 surgeries on his spot. It has lightened dramatically over the last couple of years. We are very glad to be done with it. After 3 months, he won't have to wear his hat every where we go. I don't know if he'll be willing to let go of his hat. :) He has had to wear it for so long that whenever he goes outside without it, he immediately covers his spot with his hand to protect it. He is such a good boy! :) Way to go Caden! You are such a trooper! I am so happy that you won't have to have surgery again in 3 months!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Horray for Caden! That is great!

Janet said...

Way to go Caden!

Helen said...

A few days ago I put a sun hat on Austin and Kaden said, "That looks just like Caden Bleyl's!" I thought that was so cute. I'm glad Caden's done w/ his surgeries. What a sweet kid!

Heather said...

Glad to hear Caden is done with the surgeries!

Sorry about the teething. I wish that would go on here! Jack only has front 8 teeth and no signs of his molars coming in. :(

Susie said...

I'm glad Caden is done with surgeries. We're just looking into Jared getting his done (for the "holes" in his head) and guess what? He doesn't want to! He likes the 'bald spots.' Can you imagine if Caden had decided that his spot was part of who he is and he couldn't part with it? I don't quite know what to do!

It's funny, we have made Jared wear a hat his whole life (although not quite as diligently as Caden has needed) to keep the sun off his bald spots, and he still happily wears one. But Zach keeps his on for about 10 seconds before he rips it off.

Teething sucks.

And don't worry about comments. I've been a big-time slacker lately, hardly commenting on anyone's blogs! It seems like when I get a moment to read a blog, it's only a moment and then I'm called away.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust