Ok, I found the best cupcake recipe EVER! I have to say that it is my new addiction. Forget ice cream (not really), forget chocolate (ha ha ha, yeah right!), and just indulge yourself in Key Limey goodness. I was blog surfing the other day and found this recipe. I tweaked it a little by adding lime juice (to my tasting) to the frosting, and voila! It was a great recipe multiplied by 1000! I also found 2 other recipes in the same day and they are good too, but not anywhere near the Key Lime heaven that has been found. In fact, these cupcakes were so good, that they allowed me to even be included in Jackie's Inner Circle. An honor that I will cherish the rest of my life. :) Even if she still refuses to pray that we will sell our house. LOL! So, with much excitement, I bestow the Key Lime Cupcake recipe to you.
KEY LIME CUPCAKES
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
1/4 teaspoon neon-green food coloring
3/4 cup buttermilk
FROSTING
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lime juice as desired
Preparation
CUPCAKES
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Whisk both flours in medium bowl. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar; beat to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then next 3 ingredients (batter may look curdled). Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions. Spoon scant 1/3 cup batter into each liner.
Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool.
FROSTING
Beat all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.
KEY LIME CUPCAKES
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
1/4 teaspoon neon-green food coloring
3/4 cup buttermilk
FROSTING
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lime juice as desired
Preparation
CUPCAKES
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Whisk both flours in medium bowl. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar; beat to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then next 3 ingredients (batter may look curdled). Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions. Spoon scant 1/3 cup batter into each liner.
Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool.
FROSTING
Beat all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.
I hope you all enjoy them! They are absolutely delicious. I would have taken a picture of them, but they disappeared to fast. So, I borrowed a picture of them from my friend Jackies blog. :)

7 comments:
So to get in with Jackie I have to feed her?? ;)
Yeah, she said that one of the stipulations is that you have to have a good cookie recipe. But apparently anything Key Lime might work too. LOL :)
Is anybody else reporting problems with their families snarfing down the icing before it gets on to the cupcakes?? Good grief. Next time I'll just triple it and mix it in a trough.
AMY-CORRECT.
Kat-It's a long over due honor. We will forever be grateful that you introduced this recipe to us.
Uh...YUM! I'm so going to make these. I saw your FB status that you posted it on your blog...I didn't know you had a blog :) How cute is Brinley with her glasses?!?!?! I love that picture! I hope you are all doing well.
Thanks Kat! I am the OT student that was with KOTM. Thank you so much for bringing them on our last day! That was so sweet of you! And very delicious! I cant wait to make them! Also congrats on selling your home! I hope everything works out so you guys can have your dream home that works out for Brinley! I love that little girl!
thank you thank you! these look so tasty :)
congrats on selling your house too! i hope your new neighborhood is just as fantastic as the old one. xoxo
Post a Comment