Monday, September 15

Fishy, Fishy In A Brook......

Yes, we finally did it! Grandpa was able to take Caden and Bill fishing this last Friday. They totally had a BLAST! We started out lake fishing, and after about 20 minutes, no fish, and a really chilly wind that we had to have Brinley all bundled up for, we decided that we didn't like lake fishing at all. We like to be active and not just sit around. So, we ended up going river fishing in American Fork Canyon. About 30 seconds after we put the line in the river, we got our first fish! Caden got to help Grandpa reel it in. He was ecstatic! Caden and Grandpa ended up catching 6 Rainbow Trout total. Bill kept trying and his persistance finally paid off. He caught his first fish! And, to make it even better, it was a German Brown. They taste better than any fish. :) So, Grandpa and Caden caught the quantity, and Bill caught the quality. LOL :)

We took the fish to show Grandma and we cooked it up and ate it for dinner. Wow, nothing tastes better than fresh fish that you just caught and fried up. YUM!


Oh, and Brinley has slowly been introduced to baby food again. I pureed up some peaches off our tree and she really liked those. So today, we tried pears for breakfast. She devoured them and then took her bottle. I sure would like to know where she puts all that food in her little body. He he he. For lunch we tried some peas...... well, let me just say that a picture says a thousand words.......




Needless to say, she didn't like them at all. She put her tongue at the roof of her mouth and wouldn't let me put the spoon in her mouth at all. Already picky, what am I in for?!




Some things that I need to catch up on, that I wasn't able to blog about as we had doctors appointments and Brinley's eye surgery, are....
Caden started Pre-School. He LOVES it and every day when I go to pick him up, he runs and gives me a great big hug, then gets sad and tells me that he didn't want me to come. He wants to stay. It makes me happy that he is enjoying it so much.




We also went to the State Fair. We love going there every year. Caden loves the fishing pond that you get to catch and release. And we love the Little Hands on the Farm. It is such a fun way to teach kids where things come from and how we get the food in the stores. Plus, they are both free. We enjoyed ourselves and Bill and Caden got to pound the "Bell Ringer" that Caden wanted to. Oh, and Caden also got to sit in the Highway Patrol decked out Camaro. Talk about a "Sweet Ride".




All in all, we have been having lots of fun and being very blessed. We are so lucky to have our two sweet kids. They truly make me appreciate all I have and all the miracles I get to see daily.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Cute pics! You guys do so many fun things. I need to do more with my family. I love the picture of Caden catching the fish and Brinley and the peas!! priceless :) See ya tonight for walking fun!

Adhis said...

MMMMmmm. That fish looks so yummy.

You have a peach tree?? Nice!

Kimmers said...

Great Pics Kat!!! I have tagged you on my blog, check it out and tag your Blog!! Love Ya...

Susie said...

It looks like Brinley is sitting up pretty well, if she's in a booster seat! Seeing how I haven't had the chance to meet her, and I only see a few pictures, I guess I haven't kept track of what she can do.
That's great that Caden loves preschool so much. I bet you love the quiet time that gives you!

Helen said...

What a cute family! I love the fishing pictures. We're quite the fishing family too. I love the picture of Brinley eating her breakfast...how cute!!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh I saw the picture of Brinley eating, and though as I was reading, it sure doesn't look like she is devouring them, but then realized that was the peas! too funny!

Heather said...

Yeah Caden on catching the fish and going to preschool! That's wonderful! Jack has the same reaction as Brinley still when he eats peas!

Kristen said...

Thanks, Adhis said EXACTLY what I was going to.

Ben took Jonathan fishing last summer, and when they caught a fish, they THREW IT BACK. What in the world?!?!?! Ben said that nobody eats fish they catch in a pond. Huh? =o) Next time he will have specific orders to bring the fish home so I can eat it!

I nominated you on my blog, come see!

(I don't know the PCMC doctor's name yet, we're supposed to be getting info in the mail soon...)

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust