Tuesday, September 23

We LOVE Aunt Mesh!











This last weekend my sister flew in from Connecticut. She is a blast! She has been teaching at a Paul Mitchell school and she will be there until February. So, every 3 months, she is able to get away for a break and come home. So, we picked her up at the airport on Saturday. She had changed her hair to black with orange and red highlights. She trimmed up Caden's hair and he decided that he wanted colored hair too. :) So, he decided he wanted purple hair. He talked about it all weekend. So, Monday night, I figured that as long as it isn't permanent, then what's the harm? I mean really, who really doesn't want to go wild and hog loose sometimes and just throw caution to the wind. I think it would be awesome to have blue hair sometime too. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. So, I thought, let's do it! We went to the store and got him purple hair stuff. We were taking Aunt Mesh to the airport to send her home this morning, so we colored his hair purple to surprise her. She loved it! He had a ton of fun with it today. He got to go to pre-school and show all the kids. Then he got to show daddy when he got home from work. It was awesome. :)


The part I loved the most was when we all got together and got to go to the zoo on Monday. We had a blast. The monkeys were awesome. Everyone loved the white alligator. The highlight was seeing Mesh try to get Jen up on the Rhino to take pictures. LOL! Love ya Jen! All in all, it has been a FABULOUS weekend! Sorry I don't have any pictures of you Becki! You had my camera, and so I never got a picture of you.

Brinley had her follow-up appointment with the eye doctor today, and he said that she is healing up greatly. He said that her eyes are lined up perfectly. She is still learning to use them together, but he said that she looked absolutely great. It was a great appointment.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the hair!!

Christi said...

It's always fun to get together with family, huh? I think the next BBB challenge should involve funky hair dye.

Janet said...

I think that you are an awesome mom for letting caden wear purple hair!!! Way to go. Thanks for the "healthy" treats. ;) you rock!!

Heather said...

Caden's punk rock now, huh? LOL!!!

Lori said...

Kat,
Thanks for visiting Myahs' blog again. You're so sweet! We actually listened to the same conference, in fact, it's what inspired me to share my experience with that little song. Wasn't it a sweet talk?

If you don't mind, I'm going to add you to my blog list so I can follow your family and your little one.

Your children are so cute, and you are such a good mom to dye your little guys hair--how fun!

Jackie said...

Kat,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I totally dig the hair!Its awesome!The picture of your baby with the little smile on her face is so sweet!!

Marie said...

Love the hair! It just makes me feel like grinning. :) And I'm so thrilled Brinley's doing so well - Bill said he's seen her smile a hundred times more since her surgery - How wonderful!! I wanted to say thanks for the links you left on my blog. You're always so thoughful, and I appreciate the help!

Kristen said...

Way to go Brinley!

I just found out it's Dr. Dries at PCMC. Do you know him?

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust