Monday, September 1

Things Are A Changin'

Yes, we are finishing our basement. We have been working on it little by little for the last three+ years. We always asked for Home Depot gift cards for Christmas and Birthdays, so we wouldn't have to spend so much of our budget. LOL :) Hey, I admit it, I am a Home Depot girl. I could spend hours and a whole lotta money in that store and be a very happy woman. But, as it is a holiday weekend, my dad and Bill both had the day off. And since it isn't a Saturday, my dad doesn't have to work at the temple. The stars have aligned, and we can finish it up I think. We have all the walls up, the sheetrock on, and the primer painted. So, we just need to paint and put up doors, knobs, etc. We were also able to acquire some free carpet (thank you Dad and Mel!) and we'll be able to put it down. I am so excited. I will finally be able to have another room in my house that I can send Caden and friends down to to go jump on the Love Sacs, play with toys, and just stay out of the living room. I am also looking forward to moving a lot of Brinley's therapy toys down to the basement so I can have my living room back and open. Wow, what will it be like. Needless to say, I am very excited for tomorrow. I will take before and after pics. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

Susie said...

Don't forget to take before and afters of your family room, too, since it sounds like that room will benefit greatly, too!
How exciting to get it finished! Hooray Labor Day!
We're just going on a hike.

Adhis said...

Yey!
Remember to send your dad and Bill over to our basement afterwards.

Janet said...

Hooray! Finishing our basement was the hardest and best thing we ever did!!! Good Luck

Lyns said...

How exciting! Good for you guys! What a project. It will be SOOOOO nice when it's done! I can't wait to see pics of all the new space you'll have! I love Home Depot too. :) BTW - I'll sit on the the floor with you at church any day. Funny story - I didn't notice until I sat back down in Sacrament, but my legs were totally asleep. Not a good feeling. Ha Ha.

Heather said...

Yahoo!!! I totally understand the relief when you finish a home project! Glad to hear you're done. I remember our long talks about our home projects! Enjoy your new space! Post pics, post pics! I want to see the finished product!

Kristen said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Good luck, that's very exciting!

We finished our basement there RIGHT before we moved out. Oops! I hope the "new" people enjoy it. More space will be great for you.

Kikibug said...

how fun! a finished basement... what would that be like? I bet y'all are so happy to have it done. ENJOY!
Oh yeah, I missed ya while I was "gone"... glad to be back and catching up on everyone's life.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust