Ok, so apparently life must be crazy right now. I have had 3 migraines in 2 days. It has been a crazy 2 days too. Caden's surgery went well yesterday. He is back to his normal hyper stuff today. But, today, I had just had it.
Let me explain....
I am in a Biggest Losers group and I set a goal this last Monday to not eat out this week. I am definately going to have to be more specific when I set my goals. I have rationalized a Vanilla Bean Blended Creme from Starbuck's at the hospital when we went for Caden's surgery (minus the whipped cream of course), and then grabbing lunch on the way home because of a migraine and I needed food, and then dinner tonight because of a migraine, and a slurpee because they came out with a new flavor. I have fallen off the band wagon again this week. I really need a good kick in the pants. I have told myself that I won't eat out again the rest of this week with the exception of the beef dinner at Swiss Days on Saturday. Soooooo, not going to miss that. I will be in line at 3 pm so I can get it. Mmmmmm, my mouth is already watering. However, I really need to be better. I just hate it cause when I get migraines, nothing else really matters (of course I take care of my kids) and I just have to go close my eyes in a dark room for a while. So, at that point in time, it doesn't really matter what I have set as my goals. Any suggestions? I am really trying to be better. I am open for anything almost. I already have a prescription that I take for my migraines, but I try to not take them too much as I don't like to take too much medication. Seriously, any ideas and suggestions, please let me know. I'm about to go crazy.
8 comments:
I think you are obviously stressed! Give yourself a break for last week recognizing that it was crazy. For me, my eating gets really sidetracked when there are other major things going on. It just takes lots of effort to change and sometimes I don't have that focus. Keep some treats around that you CAN have. And make sure to eat frequently so you don't get too hungry. I am sorry about the migraines! How difficult! I've had a couple and they are miserable. Have fun at Swiss Days!
when you get a migraine I will be SO willing to take the kids for a little while!!!! Just let me know.
As far as your eating, all you can do is your best, and depending on the day that can vary.:) Like last night when I "needed" a ice cream cone with the kids! (Or 2 days ago when I got gelato) I just tried to get smaller portions and the kiddie cone. I can't go without something sweet, I am too addicted! :)
Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing AMAZING and if you ever want to go walking or ANYTHING just let me know and I will go!!!!
Sheree is right. Crazy circumstances require leniency on stringency. (Wo- that sentence just cost me $5.)
One thing I like about the fitness challenge group is that everyone there seems to be serious about it. The thing that I'm nervous about for some of y'all is how gung-ho you jump into a goal, you know, "all or nothing."
If you have a habit of eating out a few times throughout the week, then start with a goal to only eat out once for dinner and once for lunch. Or something like that. (Check your calendar or planner for any big events coming up to keep it real.)
If you have a habit of drinking soda every day, then start with a goal to only drink sodas on the weekend, or only on Tuesday and Thursday. Or something like that.
I think you are fantastic! These first few weeks (and the next few months) are going exactly like they should. This is the adjustment phase and is there to pinpoint what works for you and what doesn't. Keep on keeping on!
I agree with Adhis. Kat, you really are being too hard on yourself. Last week I didn't meet my goals because I really wasn't ready for the ones I set. Maybe you can think about your goals for next week and make them something you can realistically do. Life happens, and it's okay to fall. We just have to remember that we are human, and get back up. These are lifestyle changes, so it really doesn't matter how quickly we make them, right? It took us years to get here, and you are doing AWESOME! Really, you are, and if you ever need something please let me know. Those aren't empty words, I truly want to help, even if it means getting you a diet soda, or watching your kids, or going for a walk, I'm there. Keep it up. I hope you don't get more migraines, ugh, i totally have been there recently. I wish I had a suggestion on it, but I'd like some advice myself. You're amazing, keep it up!
Kat, Kat, Kat.....Take a deep breath and tell yourself that you are wonderful. I want you to look in the mirror and say "You're awesome and you're so worth it!" Go do it now. I'll wait......
Don't give up on yourself. This is not an easy journey we have embarked on. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself some leeway. It's OK to stumble along the way, it's how we learn and how our resolve to change grows stronger or we realize it's time to adjust the goals so we can get some momentum going. We are a group and we're all in this together. We are here for you. Call on us to help you succeed. YOU CAN DO THIS!
I agree with everyone else! You are being TOO hard on yourself. It's not possible to completely cut something out of your life. You have to ease out of it. My motto in life is, "Everything in moderation." And by that I don't mean alcohol and drugs. Ha Ha. But I mean everything from dessert to exercise! About the migraines, that really stinks because migraines are horrible, but you might not like my suggestion: Take your meds! That's what they're there for! Good luck. Take a deep breath. (((HUGS)))
Kat-
I have NOT forgotten about you! I will call you this week and set up a time this week to give you all your VTeaching super info! Thanks! And, i agree with Sharee, i think you need to give yourself a break! you have been under a incredible amout of stress latley! I think you are a inspiration! I know i would not have it all together as much as you do with everything u have gone through. Its all good, and i feel for you about the migranes, you r looking at a migrane suffer1 ITS AWFUL!
Sorry to hear about the migranes! I know they can be miserable!!
Post a Comment