Wednesday, August 6

Fatty, Fatty Two By Four....

Yes, it is true! We had Brinley's weight check today and she is now officially 9 pounds and 1/2 an ounce. We have passed the 9 pound mark. Yahoo! She is a little fatty. LOL. :) We have another weight check in two weeks, and then another at her 9 month check up two weeks after that. But, so far, so good. (Knock on wood!)
We had her eye appointment yesterday. She is going to have to have surgery sometime in the next month. (They haven't called to schedule it yet.) It is a fairly common procedure that they do. It will align her eyes though, so she won't have the cross-eyes anymore. We will be working with her really strongly to get her vision on track after that. We are working hard now, but we will work even harder then. Anything we can do for her. :)
Caden is one great big brother. Brinley loves him so much. While we were at the doctors today, he would make a pretend hiccup noise and it would make Brinley just laugh out loud. He kept telling me to put her by him again so he could make her laugh. Seriously, we are so blessed with our children. Despite the temper tantrums and the mommies girl, they are both so good and we love them so much. We truly have heaven on earth.

8 comments:

Susie said...

Yay Fatty! Keep up the good work, Brinley!

Lyns said...

That is so awesome! What a little chunk! Seriously, that is wonderful news. She is such a little sweetheart and how cute is Caden? What sweet kids. BTW - I got my book today and plan to have it finished by umm . . . . Saturday? :) Also - are cards @ 9:30 at Martha's? I'm going to try and make it if I can.

Lisa said...

So HAPPY to hear that the weight is still packing on!!

Kat said...

Cards are 9 at Martha's. Hope to see you there! And good luck with your book!

Adhis said...

Oh, so good to hear mention of tempter tantrums! It reminds me that y'all are human, too. ;) You really do make trials looks easy. That's a compliment, lady of grace.

Jennica said...

Oh, I am so glad she is doing sooooo GREAT!!! That is awesome, she is an amazing little girl. =) Caden is such a good big brother too (no surprise)...he has always had a special place in my heart since the good old nursery days!

Janet said...

Hooray Brinley! I hope that the eye surgery goes good too. If you need any help you know where I am! :)

Kikibug said...

You are so cute... I read the thing and I was like "fatty fatty two by four", that is mean. (I am still in therapy about my brothers taunting me with that).. but I am so happy to hear you were talkign about your cutie pie!! She is so cute and tiny and congrats Brinley for gaining some weight. I bet that is a relief to y'all!
Caden is WOW! such a wonderful big brother.. you are blessed. Judson and Carma have been spending way to much time fighting (hurray for school in 8 days)...so that makes me all the more think that Caden is such a sweetheart.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust