Saturday, August 9

I Hate Mosquitoes!

Ok, so last night I had a fight with a mosquito. A full on, gloves are on and laced up, fight. I got bit by a mosquito in our van when we were out. But, I couldn't see it. Well, we get in the house and I sit down with Caden on my lap, playing on the computer. For those of you that know me, you know that I am VERY allergic to mosquito bites. I get silver dollar size red spots that are hot and about an inch high and they stay around for about a week like that. So, my feet really start to feel itchy. But it just keeps getting worse! I couldn't figure out what was going on. It felt like I was still getting bit, but I couldn't see anything. No matter how hard I searched, I couldn't find any mosquito lurking around. It was my mission to find that mosquito and obliterate him. Cue the Mission Impossible theme song........dum, dum, dum-dum, dum, dum, dum-dum........
I seriously felt like a pin cushion. I had no idea what was happening. I just kept getting bite after bite showing up on my feet. I counted the itchy spots and bumps on my feet and I had 10 bites just on my feet. I knew that there was a mosquito about. I looked down at my feet again, and I saw him! He was trying to eat me right then and there. Apparently he had followed me in from the van to the house. He must of liked my blood a WHOLE lot. I tried to kill him, but I missed. So, I moved to the other side of the room to get away from the attack zone. As I was sitting on the couch, the culprit at hand, flew right by me. He had the nerve to follow me over to the other side of the room! I followed him and the minute that sucker (literally) landed, he was mine! I smashed him so flat his own mother wouldn't of recognized him! I had my revenge and it was sweet. :)
Now if I could just get the swelling and itching to go down so I could get my feet into my shoes again. LOL!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

I hate them TOO!!! We had a party at our house and the back door got left open. We decided that our party favor was a mosquito bite. Every one went home with one. My brother-in-law got one right in the middle of his forehead. Then that night I killed 2 in the kids room. I;m hoping tonight I just killed the last one. It bite me right before I read this post. LOL

Adhis said...

Boy, Kat! That was quite the animated story! Maybe lay off the sugar for a while...

;)

Amy said...

Okay someone told me this summer that if you put a penny on each bite and then tape it on, that it will take the swelling and itch out. I haven't tried it, but let me know if you do and if it actually works. :)

Heidi said...

It's almost like it was a ...vampire. Hee hee (just finshed breaking dawn)

Lyns said...

We should so form a mosquito haters/killers group. I kid you not, I was on my own mosquito terminating rampage two nights ago. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I knew there was a mosquito in my house and I KNEW it would bite me in my sleep if I didn't kill it. They seriously have something against me. (Thus, the reason why my husband thinks I'm crazy). Anyway, I did end up killing two, yes TWO, mosquitos, but not before they bit me like crazy. They must hate you too. What did we ever do besides murder their loved ones? :) I hope your feet feel better soon. There's nothing worse.

Kikibug said...

Glad you killed the little bleepity bleep bleep bleep. Sorry, that was inappropriate.

Adhis said...

It looks like the Road Runner just left a comment, and he doesn't like mosquitoes. Who knew.

Janet said...

remind me not to get on your bad side ok.

Susie said...

Ouch! We got eaten while camping, but I don't think they followed us home. Soak your feet in baking soda water--I think that's what helps! It ought to reduce the swelling, poor thing! i dunno. google it.
Honestly, I don't think there is any purpose for mosquitoes except to torment man and spread disease (read: torment man). I really don't think they deserve a place in heaven!
Did you know that up in Alaska, they swarm so thick that they can kill a human? It's absolutely revolting.

Kimmers said...

Hey call me in the morning lover!!!!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust