Saturday, August 16

Catching Up, Movie Reviews, Surgery Dates, and so forth in our lives.....

Ok, so I have been a slacker lately in my blogging attempts. I got a new camera and I have been playing around with it. I got an Canon EOS Rebel Xsi, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I am still learning how to use it and so I will be posting some pictures later. I haven't had time to download the pictures off of it yet. LOL
So, Brinley had her therapy appointment this last week, and Paul was telling me that Brinley is just a complete mystery. Most kids when they keep their hands in little fists, don't usually change and use their hands. Brinley has been starting to use them to grab beads and put her fingers in her mouth, and grab my fingers as I am feeding her her bottle. Second, when their muscles start to stiffen, they usually stop using them and can't change. She has been slowly improved and we are still working with her to keep improving. She has started to turn when I put her on the floor. So, she is working her little legs and is starting to move them more. We are constantly exercising them and I am desperately trying to get her to learn to roll over. She loves it when I get down on the floor with her and clap and cheer for her when we help her roll over. Her whole face just lights up. Seriously, her smile is the best thing in the world. She has the biggest, bestest smile in the whole world. No matter how bad of a day you could be having, having her look up at you with her little crossed eyes, and smile the biggest smile at you makes everything better. Speaking of crossed eyes, she is officially going to have surgery on September 10th. It is suppose to be a same day surgery, so hopefully everything will go well.
Caden has been a super great big help and joy to have around. He loves helping me with Brinley. When we are exercising her, he loves to make her smile and claps when she does good. Brinley will turn to find Caden whenever she hears him and she wants to watch him whenever he is around. She adores her big brother. He helped me put together a little play station for her tonight. He loves to help build things. Caden will be having his next surgery on August 27th. It will be his 8th surgery that he has had on his spot. Hopefully they will stop soon. It all depends on how much it lightens. So pray that this one lightens it up a ton!
Caden has also been obsessed with the Olympics lately. We have been having them on in our house all the time, and we were at the pool today. He saw the lap lanes and said, "Look mom! It's the Olympics! I'm going to be in the Olympics some day. I'm going to swim really, really fast!" So, maybe a swimmer? Or.....the other day, he was at my Mom and Dad's house and they went for a walk with the wagon. Well, he decided that he didn't want to ride in the wagon, he wanted to pull it. So, he got out, pulled it, and then started to run. He ran 3/4 of the way around the block. Not only just running, but pulling that wagon, and he left Grandma and Grandpa in the dust. They told me that he completely wore them out. They had a hard time keeping up with him. Keep in mind that they are both is pretty good shape. My mom walks most every morning, and can usually outwalk me. When they got home, he told them, "I want to do it again!" So, they went out for another walk/run. He got done running, and told my mom, "I like to run. I like to run fast like Superman!" So, maybe a runner! I have been thinking, maybe I'll have him run/walk a race with me. Of course, I would have to get in shape in order to do that. But, it could be a goal.
We went to go see the new Star Wars Clone War movie tonight. It was a good movie. Caden absolutely LOVED it. It was really loud in the theater, so he ended up covering his ears for most of the movie, but I have not seen that kid sit still for that long totally enthralled in something. The minute it was done, he said, "Dad, I need to go up to the top there and talk to them and tell them to rewind it so I can watch it again cause they have the remote! I want to watch it again! I TOTALLY loved that movie. They need to rewind it with their remote." He has also been getting into jokes lately. His new favorite is...Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other SLIDE! Then he sits there and waits for you to laugh, even though you have heard it 15 times in a row. (So that is when I get him to tell it to everyone else, so I get a break. LOL! So watch out at church tomorrow! He might be coming up and telling it to you!)
Bill is doing great at his new job with the Highway Patrol, doing computer work for them. He loves the environment, and I love having him actually come home when he is suppose to and not having to work on days he is suppose to have off! Wow, such a world exists!
I started a Biggest Loser thing with some friends this last week. I have decided that I need to get off my big bum and do something and get in shape, hence the walk/run race talked about above. I am sick of not being able to do things I use to. And, I have some REALLY cute clothes that I know I can still fit into if I lose some weight. So, I have decided to eat healthier and exercise. Watching the Olympics has helped with this also. Except for tonight......
I am watching the Track and Field competition and one of the USA people, Lauryn Williams, is talking about how she had to give up some food to train for the Olympics. The announcer asked what her favorite food she missed was and she said, "BACON! BACON! I can eat a whole package in one sitting." Man! That is one of my FAVORITE foods. I think it should be deemed one of the major food groups. Not soggy bacon mind you, but that crispy crunchy finger lickin' good pieces of bacon. (JCW's has the perfect bacon on their burgers. Mmmm, JCW's. LOL) So, now as I am sitting here, 2 hours later, I am still craving Bacon. Man! Thanks a lot Olympics! You're suppose to motivate me!
A funny thing just happened, I have to tell you. We are watching the women's volleyball competition right now with USA vs Brazil. And Bill pointed out that the Brazil team was wearing bra's. I looked up, and sure enough, right there across the front of the Brazil teams sports bras are three little letters. B, R, and A. The little abbreviation for Brazil during the Olympics. It is just giggly kind of funny that right across the front of their chest is emblazoned the fact that they are wearing a bra. LOL :) Ok, ok, just laugh with me here. :) It is funny at 12:30 am. Maybe I should go to bed and get some sleep. Enough blogging for right now.

7 comments:

Marie said...

It's great to get the rundown on your family! I'm so glad Brinley's doing so well - I'm sure a huge part of it is because you guys work at teaching her so much! Caden is a crack up - I can just picture him in that Star Wars movie - Sounds like you would recommend it for little kids then? I'd like to take Mason, but it's always nice to get a review from someone you trust! :)

Heidi said...

Ummm...bacon. I've been craving it all week. I finally did BLT's for lunch yesterday. Lots of B not so much L. Glad to hear that Brinley is doing so well!

Janet said...

I'm glad that Brinley is doing well. I loved reading your run down of everything. We love the olympics too.

Lyns said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well! I hope the surgeries coming up go smoothly. I'm sure they will. It is so cute to hear about Caden being so cute with Brinley. :)

Mason/Sam/Family said...

I watched that very inteview - I LOVE bacon too! That made me laugh. Way to go Brinley - she has always been a fighter! You go girl!

Sheree said...

That is so funny about the remote! Hilarious. I love that cartoon too. Totally made me laugh.

Susie said...

Eeeew, I hate bacon. I bought Bacos for Ryan to put on his salads. Jared wanted some, too, then said it was yucky and he wouldn't eat any more. So I helped him pick the Bacos off the salad, and nearly passed out from the sick smell of bacon.
Don't be offended, all pig products make me sick. Once I was at my sister's house and she was making crock pot pork chops. She kept lifting the lid to take a whiff, and said, "Mmmm, doesn't that smell good?" I took the next chance to run outside because I thought I was going to throw up.
I guess it's just not one of my temptations!

I guess the Brazilians should have added another letter to their chests, so it wouldn't look like it said "BRA." Oh, but wait a minute. In Portuguese, the country is spelled, "Brasil," so it would have said "BRAS." Not much better!
Really, they don't have a long name. They should just put the whole country on it!

Brinley is being a little miracle baby, isn't she? Hopefully you can stop all types of surgeries soon.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust