Sunday, August 24

The End of a Great Time.....

Watching the Olympics Closing Ceremony tonight, brought a tear to my eye. Not because I am an emotional person (well, yes, I am, however that was not the reason). The reason is because we have been having a BLAST with our own personal Olympian here at our house. Every event that we have watched lately, Caden has copied. He stands in front of the tv, and does everything that he sees on the screen. (Good thing I watch the food network channel, and Olympics and not some other shows! LOL) Here was the latest in the photos that I took. It was during the mens relay race. He was running in place and passing the baton when they did. Then, he would yell, "Go USA, Go USA! Run fast! Run fast!" I think we seriously might have a future Olympian on our hands. Ha ha ha. But all this being said I will miss the good laughs I get from watching him get so excited to see people win and do their best. And to see him imitate everything he sees. It has brought me many good laughs. :)



Brinley has started interacting with people more and more lately. She will turn and look up at us and smile and touch our faces. We are VERY happy with this. She especially LOVES and I mean LOVES her big brother. When he is by her, she is always looking at him and trying to play with him. He loves it when she plays with his ear and grabs his hair. He thinks it is the funnest game. I am so glad they get along so well. Hopefully it will stay this way forever. :) I love watching them play together. He little nickname for her is "Missie May". He is always calling her that. :) Here are some pictures of Brinley with Caden today. She is wearing her new dress that we got from my friend Summer's boutique. I LOVE it! The link for her website is on the side of my blog. She has awesome stuff! I found the socks at Wal-Mart, and then made the headband to match the dress. She looks like a little princess ballerina. :)




My friend Janet tagged me on her blog and I am finally getting around to doing it. Sorry Janet! But, here are my answers.

• Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.

• Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.

• Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I love to play the piano. I love how you can portray any emotion with just some keys on a piano. It is seriously the best form of stress relief. I don't have a piano currently. We haven't had the money to buy one since we have been married. It is on my wish/saving list to get eventually. Maybe when we get to a house, so we don't have to move it. LOL

2. I love to clean. I love having a clean house and the feeling of completeness I get when a job is done. I love to organize and have things in their place. It makes me feel at home.

3. I love to play with hair. I am the oldest of 4 girls in my family, and I got to play hairdresser with all of them and experiment with different styles. I had hair down to my waist all through high school and kept it until my mission where I had a companion talk me into cutting it off up to my shoulders. (Yes, I had extreme hair shock.) I am extremely excited for Brinley's hair to grow longer so I can start playing with hers. Ha ha ha.

4. I was Bill's boss at work when we started to date. Don't worry, we kept it strictly professional, and nobody even knew we were dating until I showed up at work with the engagement ring on my hand. I had also told my boss when we started to date that he needed to get Bill off of my team because we were dating. My boss just waited too long and didn't move him till two weeks after we got engaged. So, I guess Bill married a "Sugar Momma". LOL

5. I love to try new things. If I see a new drink or new food or something like that, I have to try it. Seriously, if you are thinking about trying something, ask me first to see if I have tried it, and I can probably give you my opinion on it. Ha ha ha.

6. I love to sing. I will usually sing anything. I love little catchy tunes, songs my grandma use to sing to my mom and us, or things I listen to on cd's or the radio. My favorite thing to do when I don't have any kids in the car and I am all alone, is to put in one of my favorite cd's, usually my Opera concert CD, and just belt it out! It doesn't matter if I make all the notes, if I can't hit the totally high note, or if I sound (or look) like a kook to other people. I am having fun. :)

So, that is a little bit about me. Nothing great, or fancy, just fun.

Ok I tag Kim, Lynsey, Summer, Cyd, Marie, Adhis, Thalea, Heather and Susie. I know it is more than six, but I'd like to know more about you guys. :)

Have a great week!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Kat,
Thank you for your beautiful comment on my daughter's blog.
Your little girl is a precious doll. I'm so happy to hear she is doing the things you never thought she'd do. Our Myah keeps on suprising us with her abilities.
We were also told she may not walk or speak (along with many other things they said she would never do). Myah has overcome so much, she learned to walk at 4 and is trying her best to speak. She is saying some words and uses sign language.
We have decided to let Myah 'write her own book' because she is the only one who really knows what she can do.
Your little girl is the same, I'm sure you'll have more little miracles in your life (along with frustration), but keep hoping. Thank you again for the support. If you don't mind, I would love to watch your blog to see how she does.
Thanks,
Lori
*Are you getting early intervention?

Kat said...

I would love to have you watch my blog. If you don't mind, I would love to watch yours too. And yes, we are getting early intervention. We have had it since she was 2 months old. So, they have been helping us a lot. Thank you for your sweet message.

Lyns said...

Oh, how I love bringing people together. :) I'm sad that the olympics are over too Kat! It is so fun to know that there is always something great to watch. Those pics of Caden are seriously hilarious. How funny! And I already told you this, but Brinley really did look like a gorgeous little ballerina! Now, I'm off to figure out 6 interesting things about me . . . . . . . . .

Janet said...

Brinley looks SOOOO cute! I love that dress, its perfect. I also love that you were Bill's boss at work!!! :)

Adhis said...

Hey-- Lynsey, you can't blog INTERESTING things about you! They have to be UNSPECTACULAR quirks.

Kat, don't you worry, my post will be ready in about 5 minutes. And I will have FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS, unlike SOME people.

Kristen said...

I love the picture where Brinley is looking up and laughing. What a sweetie and it's an adorable outfit all together. I'm glad you posted a new picture of her.

I didn't know you are so musical!

Adhis said...

Where do you get those ballerina shoe/socks?

Kristen said...

My sister's selling an old piano if you want one, $250. It's a good brand but well worn. You need to get a piano! Not necessarily hers, but...

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust