Tuesday, November 4

Aargh! I hate teething!

Ok, so Brinley has been extremely fussy this last 3-4 days. We couldn't figure out what was wrong. She would be sound asleep and then wake up just screaming crying and was hard to put to sleep. Low and behold, on Sunday, we found the culprit! A top tooth coming through. She has still been fussy, so I know that another tooth is on it's way. I will be so glad when she's done teething. It is miserable....both for the parents AND the child. LOL :) Thank heavens for oragel and tylenol. I think I'd be pulling my hair out if it wasn't for them. Seriously, I tell her..."You don't need to be held 24/7, you need to give mommy a break." Luckily her hand a fist are working at being a great teething ring. Although, once she gets the top two in, I doubt she'll keep using her fist as her teething ring. Ha ha ha.
Sorry, for the frustrating post, I just needed to vent. So, if you're still reading this, thanks for being my venting post. :)

6 comments:

Janet said...

Teething is evil. Did you win the Halloween thing? If you need a break come over. If Spencer wasn't sick, I'd come over and take her for a while so you could go for a walk or take a shower or something!!!!

Kat said...

Yes, I did win. I haven't gotten any notification from the HOA yet, so I can't "officially" say anything. However, I ended up with the most votes. So, Wahoo! Just a little early. :)

Jennica said...

I can totally relate! We are going through the same thing here. We just realized last night that Tate is teething all 4 of his canines right now. No wonder he is fussy and not eating much!

Lyns said...

Misery! I'm so sorry. I really hope she feels better soon - or at least until the other teeth come in! :) There is nothing worse than when your kids are sad!

Helen said...

Teething and potty training are so difficult to get through. I though marrying a dentist would make the whole teething thing easier but it hasn't. I surely thought Darren could do something to make Kira's teeth come in faster...but he can't. Oh well!! :o)

Kristen said...

My favorite teething helper is the homeopathic Teething Tablets. They're very cheap at any grocery store. You put two or three under their tongue and they dissolve and it makes an INSTANT difference. They go right to sleep at night. I like it better than Orajel but it's just a suggestion. =o)

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust