Monday, November 10

The Joys of Imaginary Friends


Yes, Caden has imaginary friends. Not just one, but two! Their names are Anakin and Ahsoka. They are two characters from Star Wars. Ahsoka is the new character from the Clone Wars cartoon out.



He takes his friends everywhere with him. To pre-school, the store, church, dinner, bed, and everywhere in between. They help him brush his teeth, eat his food, play games, do puzzles, watch over Brinley, protect the car while we are in the store, and guard the house when we tell him that they can not go. He has even had to put his imaginary friends in "time out". Apparently Caden did not spank Mommy, it was Anakin. So, I told Caden that he needed to put Anakin in "time out". He proceeded to put him in the time out chair, had me set the timer for 4 minutes, and then when time was up, he talked to him about not hitting people, then gave him a hug, told him he loved him and got him out of time out. Who knew he paid that much attention to what I did?!



It has been quite entertaining to hear him wake up in the morning and start singing to his friends and help them get dressed before he gets dressed. And, apparently at breakfast this morning, I sat on Ahsoka. I appologized and helped her get to a different chair so I could feed Brinley.



When we took Caden in to the doctor for a check-up when he was two, the doctor told us that he had the imagination of a four year old. Needless to say, it has only gotten bigger. LOL



He definately keeps me on my toes.

8 comments:

Susie said...

Wow! That's hilarious. My kids don't excel in imagination. It's kind of sad, actually! Their little academic-minded nerds!

Adhis said...

I think I could use some imaginary friends.

Lyns said...

That is so funny! Ava has done the exact same time out routine with her Elmo doll. It made me realize how careful I need to be about what I do because she watches EVERYTHING! I'm glad that Caden has some good friends that aren't destructive. Think about it - it IS nice to have someone watching the house when you're not there. Right?

Janet said...

I love that he has an imaginary friend!

kristen said...

That is to cute! I love stories like that. Kids are the best. I love it when there little imaginations shine through. Maybe kaden will like this story. The other day me and max were playing guess who the board game when he says to me,"mom ny bum just made a whooshing sound." I asked," did you fart." He said,"no mom" we continued playing when he says,"mom it sounded like Darth Vador." Then he proceeds to make the sound with his mouth. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. He kept going around the house going OH PUR OH PUR. As you can tell by this story my children really like star wars also. Good luck on the imagination

Lori said...

Hi!
It was so fun meeting you in person. Your baby is precious!
So I'm such a dork. I got home and realized I had taken the paper with MY information.
e-mail me @ scolo30@yahoo.com and I will give you all my stuff!
I'm excited to get to know you better, Thanks Kat!

Janet said...

hey, I haven't seen you for a while! Is everyone feeling ok?

Kristen said...

Boys are so.... like that. Boyish. We just smile and go along with it. Ours aren't imaginary, but even a doll can pretend to be darth vader at our house.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust