Yes, we are still alive and kicking. Caden and Brinley both got sick lately. Caden with a croupy cough, and Brinley with a cold. Luckily she has gotten her first RSV shot and so she's extra covered for that. We have been busy with that, and trying to sleep. Brinley will wake up all night long cause she can't breathe, and then keeps us up. Little nose suctioners don't work the best, and then there are no cold medicines for little kids anymore. So, we are just kind of using Vicks and giving her lots of fluids until she gets over it. With Caden it's just Vicks and lots of hugs and kisses. :)
We were able to go to a conference this last week for Special Needs children. It was good. The main speaker talked about a scripture that was John chapter 9 vs 1-3. It talks about how a man was born blind from birth and the disciples asked Jesus who had sinned, the man or his parents and Jesus said "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." He then went on to say how our special miracles are here so that the works of God could be made manifest in them. I was really touched by that. It is so true. Special children are truly angels here on earth and they are so close to heaven. I am so very blessed to be able to have one of these special people in my life. I am able to see miracles daily and feel of her sweet spirit constantly. I was also blessed to be able to meet Myah's mom, Lori, there. She is an amazing person, and I am glad that I have been able to meet her. So full of smiles and happiness.
I can't believe that we have had our little miracle for almost a year now. We are planning Brinley's one year birthday party. She will turn 1 on the 26th. So, officially, a week from today. Holy smokes! We are so lucky. She is truly doing better than we ever expected, and she is continually learning more. We are still working on the rolling over and sitting up. But, she recently discovered cake. Yes, mommy is bad. :) LOL I wanted to see if she would be able to handle cake for her birthday. And, I am happy to say, that she LOVES it. :) Now my dilema will be what flavor to make her for her cake. Ha ha ha. I will definately post pictures. She hasn't learned the hand to mouth thing yet. But, she loves to play with her food with her hands. So, it will make for some fun pictures.
6 comments:
I can't believe Brinley is almost 1!!! Time goes by so fast. Brinley truly is an angel...and a very cute angel too! Kat, you're also an angel. I learn so much from you. I think you're awesome.
I was just going to say the same thing, it's crazy that Brinley is almost 1. Time really does fly. My baby is 2 and it seems like I just brought him home from the hospital. I also agree that you are awesome Kat!! :)
I am so sorry that your family has been sick! It is so hard.
I can't believe that Brinley will be 1!!! Hooray!
Cold season really stinks. Sorry your family caught the bug. I think we are starting it up at our house. I can't believe it's going to be a year. It seems just like yesterday you were dropping off my quilting blocks and then I heard that night your went into labor. Crazy how time flys. I can't wait to see the birthday pictures!
I'm so glad you guys are still alive! That is SOOO great you got to meet Lori! She is such a sweetheart. Both of you are! :) You can't have a first birthday without messy cake. It's a rule.:)
How time flies! A lot has changed in the last year . . . but it is all good in the end. Hope everyone is feeling better - we have sick bugs going through our house too. Happy Thanksgiving to the Bleyls!
Post a Comment