Monday, I took the kids to the dentist for their 6 month check up. Caden didn't have any cavities! Hallelujah and shout amen! He, the dentist and I were all VERY thankful that we wouldn't have to deal with getting cavities filled, as it took 6 hours last time. LOL :) Brinley now has 9 teeth. 6 on top, and 3 on the bottom. The dentist also said that he can see where her back teeth are starting to come in too. Sheesh! He did say that due to her traumatic birth and her being a preemie, that she has underdeveloped teeth. So, in the future, we might have to look at putting caps on her teeth, or pulling them out prematurely. So, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun. But for now, he says that she is looking good and we won't have to do anything yet, unless her teeth start flaking off.
Yesterday I took Brinley into the doctors for her last RSV shot. She weighed in at a whopping 15 pounds 8 ounces! Yes, Brinley gained a pound in one month! We were so excited. It doesn't surprise me though. She has been eating like a pig! When we were in Phoenix this last weekend, in the process of 1 hour, she ate: 2 small jars of baby food, 1 large jar of baby food, 1 four ounce bottle of formula, 1 slice of bread, and some chocolate cake to finish it all off. Yes, you did read that right. With a stomach about the size of a golf ball, she ate that much food! She is truly our little chunky monkey. LOL. But, we are really excited for her weight gain and her growth lately. It is really good.
As for the last part of the title of this post...... Well, I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night because I was fixing breakfast for Caden this morning. Got him his vitamins, got Brinley her medicine, and got her her food. I then went and got a bib for her, promptly walked past her and started putting it on Caden. He looked up at me completely mortified. He said, "MOM!" and then I realized what I was doing. I laughed so hard I couldn't apologize for a couple seconds. Then I told him that I was so sorry, and went to go put the bright pink bib on Brinley and feed her. I have been laughing about it all day long, and have vowed to get some more sleep tonight. :) So, all in all, we have had a great start to our week! :)
4 comments:
Hooray for no cavaties...I wish I could say that! and good job Brinley!! Keep on eating :)
Heh heh, I've done the bib switch once before.
That's great how much Brinley has grown!
Sounds like a great week! That bib story cracked me up!
Hilarious! I do stuff like that everyday.
Post a Comment