Tuesday, April 28

Chunky Monkey


Brinley has gotten significantly heavier in the last 3 weeks. The easter dress that she is wearing in the pictures was a 6-9 month dress. I figured that she was growing out of 3-6 month clothes, so that would be the next size for a dress. Well, when I put it on, I could barely button it up in the back. Hmmmmm, did the dress shrink in the wash? No. Did I buy the wrong size? No. Maybe another 6-9 month outfit would fit. I put on the jammies. Oh my goodness! They are too small too! Um, did the growth fairy come tap her with her magic wand overnight? I think that is what happened. Either that or Brinley has been sneaking out and eating Chunky Monkey ice cream without my knowledge.

I called up the doctors office to see if I could get a weight check for Brinley just to see how much she had gained. Well, yeah. Girls been downing the ice cream or something. She had gained 1 1/2 pounds in the last 3 weeks. She is now officially 17 pounds 1 ounce. HOLY SMOKES! The doctor said that he wants to have another weight check in 3 more weeks. If she keeps up gaining weight this fast, we might need to "cut her calorie intake" for a little bit. I laughed and said, so basically I would be putting her on a diet. And the nurse laughed and said that we would be cutting her calorie intake. Sure, sure, say it how you will. We all know that word to be diet. LOL Who ever thought that since we were trying to get her to gain weight for 18 months, that she might end up on a diet. LOL :)
So now I have boxed all her too small clothes and took out all the 6-9 month clothes in hopes that she might be able to wear them at least once before they become too small. That, and I am hoping that I will be able to finish off the packages of size 2 diapers we bought before she outgrows them and moves to size 3. She's on the border now!

12 comments:

Jackie said...

I have been hungry for some chunky monkey , too. So funny, I'm going to get some now,bye.

Jenn said...

NO WAY!!! Anna is in size 3 diapers but could totally wear the size 2's. I get the 3's due to her blowing ability. And HOLY COW on the weight gain. Maybe she traded places with Anna. We are now adding the calories. I'll have to find out what you are doing. Anna is only 1 pound and 9 ounces ahead of her. Keep up the growing Brinley!!!

Lyns said...

Great. So now I really want some ice cream. Chunky Monkey ice cream. Anywho - that is great that she's gaining! Who would have thought that you would be putting your little princess on a diet? Ummm . . . I mean, cutting her calories. :) Go Brinley!

Susie said...

I think it sounds retarded to think about putting her one a diet. I mean, unless she's getting obese or something! But I doubt that. She's just playing catch up! If she's growing out of pajamas, she's not just putting on weight, she's growing and that's a miracle.

I hate to rain on your doctor's advice, but I totally think moms know best. If he tries to put her on a friggin' diet, you'll have to decide whether you want to comply.

Personally, I think she's doing awesome on her own! Way to go, Brinley!

Leslie said...

Yay! I'm glad she's growing! And, I agree with Susie, take your own intuition into account no matter what the doctor says. (I can say that without malice because I'm married to a doctor! I know they're not omnicient.)

Amy said...

So cute! I think half of it is in her cheeks ;)!

Helen said...

I was so excited to hear about Brinley last night at mutual. You are such an awesome mom Kat and Brinley is so blessed to have you rooting her on!!!

Janet said...

Hooray Brinley!! She is the cutest little girl!

Heidi said...

Yipee! Doctors know nothing - trust us Moms - we know better! :) Lindsay struggled to gain weight when she was born so they had me add more to the formula, then she gained too much and they told me to cut back. Good heck! Just let the kids eat and be healthy!

Anonymous said...

I think I saw her at Ben & Jerry's on Caden's bike the other night.

chelon:) said...

yeah brinley! that is exciting :) i have to agree with amy...i think that most of it is in the cheeks! i love it!

Lisa said...

That is HILARIOUS! Is she on a high calorie intact right now? She is so adorable! And Caden, we miss him! Love ME

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust