I love Easter time. I love how the whole world celebrates everything starting new. Everything is starting to turn green and waking up from its sleepy slumber of winter. I have been thinking a lot lately about life and the many blessings that I have. Bill and I got to go to the temple this last Friday and do sealings. It was interesting what the sealer said while we were there. He talked about how it is truly amazing that when Christ comes back to the Earth, and we are resurrected, that everything will be ok. Nobody will be blind any more, no more cripples, and everyone will be like Him. I broke down crying thinking about how special it will be to have everything be ok with Brinley and to be able to talk to her and hear the special things she has to say. I am not saying that she won't be able to talk in her lifetime, because we are still hoping for miracles, and are seeing them daily. However, it was really something that got me thinking.
Easter also made me think about how truly blessed we are. We got to hang out with family on Easter and got to spend some time with my nephew Ezra. He has severe cerebral palsy and can't do anything. He is legally blind, and can't move or communicate. He has a G-tube, and has to eat through that. He can hear perfectly though. If you talk to him, he gets a smile on his face and you can tell that he hears you. A perfect spirit in an imperfect body. He is truly an angel here on Earth. When we got to take Brinley home, the doctors were telling us that she would basically be a vegetable. That she would be like him. Not be able to see, hear, suck, or walk. She has proven everyone wrong. She is still behind, but she is miles beyond what anyone ever thought that she would do. I made me sit and wonder what Heavenly Father has in store for our own little angel, and what she will be able to accomplish in this life, but it also made me remember that no matter what, Heavenly Father knows her, knows me, and knows what we are capable of. She was sent here with a plan and I am responsible to help her fulfill that plan. I know that she is suppose to be a part of our family. She loves her big brother Caden so much. When he is in the room, she has to look at him and see what he is doing. Even when I am feeding her breakfast, I have to turn her high chair so that she can see him while she eats, because she is constantly turning around trying to see him. I love how they love each other and how Caden loves to make Brinley laugh. He has no problems helping out with her, and likes to find out "why?" and understand everything that is happening with her. He is really grateful when she is the one getting shots and not him at the doctors. LOL :)
So, all in all, I just have to thank my Heavenly Father for such a wonderful plan and for giving me two sweet angels to care for, and that love each other so much. I am thankful for Him trusting me with an angel, and for letting me have this chance to grow. But, especially for small little miracles daily.
10 comments:
That is such an amazing testimony. What if we all thought of our children in that way, no matter how they came to us. Thank you for sharing!
that was beautiful!
I love your little miracle! I just love to look at her at church and see how far she's come, and how amazing she really is!
I love this post...if you would excuse me now, I need to get a tissue.
What a great post! It is so nice to read something so uplifting and beautiful. You really do have some wonderful kids. Brinley is SUCH a sweetheart and so lucky to have Caden around!
BTW - On a completely different subject. I'm a little depressed because I keep hearing of people going to Wicked. :( At least we tried.
Thanks for all of the chocolate this week! It's been one of those weeks:) Hopefully next week will be better!!
Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration! Your family is beautiful!
I have no doubt that Brinley will continue to thrive! Daisy still brings her up every now and again! I can't believe she is up to 15 lbs. think she has gained almost 4 pounds since I last saw her!
Thanks for that little bit of insperation.
Oh Kat, Its so nice to count blessings isn't it! Miracles do happen daily! THANKS.
Post a Comment