(No, this is not our window, it's just a cool picture.)With a child in the house, it was bound to happen. :) I went to open Caden's blinds in his room the other day, and there it was.....a crack from the top of the window all the way down to the bottom. I think I was in shock, because I just stared at it for a couple of minutes not believing what I was seeing. He has been told since birth that he is not allowed to throw things in the house. However, there it was. The truth of it all was staring me in the face. I know it wasn't from something outside as the windows are double paned and the outside one was perfect. The weird thing was that his blinds are the fake wood things and are 1 1/2 inches wide. They had also been closed for a couple of days, so they would of acted as a barrier, right? There was also no impact star. No point in the break where you could tell it had originated from. I do have to admit that the builders didn't use the best of supplies when they built our home. (Surprise, surprise) So, it could just be cheap glass that the cold or settling and shifting if the house finally got to.
I proceeded to interrigate Caden. Did you throw a toy at the window? No. Did one of your friends throw a toy at the window? My imaginary friends did mom. (Rrrrrright) Why did you throw something at the window? I think it was a rock from outside. No Caden, the outside window isn't broken, just the inside. Oh. I'm sorry mom. Hugs. *sigh* Inside my head thinking...."How much do windows cost? It's too cold right now to replace a window. Clear packking tape should work so no one cuts themselves on the glass till it's warm. I could raid his Disneyland piggy bank to help pay for the window. I wonder how much change he's got in that thing." Hugs do make everything better.
Does anyone know a cheap yet good window place?
6 comments:
My deepest sympathies!
i don't know, but when you find one I NEED IT also. Thanks!
When one of our kids broke a neighbor's window, the replacement cost was in the range of $129-$179. I cannot remember how much exactly anymore.
For only $100, I will sit on the window sill and repeat, "This window is not cracked. There's nothing to see here. Continue on your merry day. Thank you."
LOL, thanks Adhis1 I might take you up on that offer. :)
You might be able to just replace the pane of glass. We had several panes in our house we had to replace before we sold it because of the dumb people before. Maybe ask his imaginary friend to pay for it, since he broke it! LOL! Sorry Kat, but that's the funniest thing I've heard!
Oh so sad! Unfortunatly Caden's not the only one that broke a window. I broke our Bedroom window a couple weeks ago when I closed it one morning. When you find out how much it is and how to fix it, let me know! I do wish I could have blamed it on an imaginary friend when I had to tell Chad!
Post a Comment