Friday, February 20

Little trips to the Emergency Room

Last night Caden was completely normal. Had fun playing Wii games for a while, went to bed, then at midnight he woke up crying and coughing with a bad, bad cough. He couldn't breathe very well, and just couldn't stop crying. I had croup when I was a kid and remember many nights walking outside in the cold night air with my dad. So, I knew he had croup. He was having a really hard time breathing and wouldn't stay outside to see if it would help him to breathe easier. So, Bill took him to the Emergency room to get him some help. With his surgery being just a couple of days ago, he was EXTREMELY paranoid of the mask they wanted him to use, and the medicine they wanted him to take. He finally let them put the mask by his face, but not on it and they mixed the medicine up in some apple juice. It took him a little while to drink the "new flavor of apple juice", but he did and they sent him home. He has been doing fine today other than a little cough. But, I am totally ready for this winter season along with all of it's RSV, croup, pnemonia, colds, and everything else to be gone! Winter, away with you! I want Spring!

6 comments:

Marie said...

I'm sorry, Kat! Please let me know if there's anything I can help with. Love ya!

Janet said...

That is so scarey. I hope he feels a million times better soon!

Susie said...

Yikes! What a night! Both of my boys have had croup, but not really too bad. With Zach, it was WAY too cold to go outside (like 9 degrees), So we tried the other solution, which is to get in a small bathroom with the shower on hot hot hot to steam it up.
I'm ready for Spring, too. We haven't been too sick this year, so I'd like the "sick season" to end now, while we're ahead!

Jackie said...

Yeesh, I'm sorry. I hope he gets better soon.

Adhis said...

I think you just hurt Winter's feelings.

Lyns said...

I hope Winter's feelings are hurt! Maybe he'll go away! :) I'm so sorry Kat! Ava had croup a couple of weeks ago, but at 2 in the morning she did let me sit outside with her. :) I hope he's feeling better. It seems like EVERYBODY is sick!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust