This last Friday, we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the open house for the new Draper temple. My parents also got to go with us. We loaded up the van and drove up to the temple. It was absolutely beautiful and such a great experience. Caden walked through the temple pointing out all the pictures of Jesus and telling us that each one was his favorite. He also told us on the way there that he hoped that he would see his friends, "Jesus and Heavenly Father". We got a pamplet about the temple that had pictures from all of the rooms. He had it open and would "check" it off every time that we would see one of the rooms. :)
I saw a picture in the front of the chapel that I absolutely fell in love with. I have no idea who painted it, however, if anyone knows, please tell me! It is a picture of Christ outside the tomb with Mary Magdalene. It is an absolutely beautiful picture.
When we were done walking through, we went over to the church house next door to see some of the gorgeous artwork and have a cookie. When you first walk in, the picture you notice the most is a huge, bigger than life size, picture of Christ walking out of the tomb. It was amazing to walk in and just see that. I was asking someone about one of the pictures and my mom was with Caden. She told me a story after we got back that literally had me thanking Heavenly Father that I have such a sweet son. She said that Caden looked at the big picture of Christ and walked backward up to it so that his back was right next to Jesus. Then he looked up at Jesus for a couple of minutes. She said that he moved forward a little so he wasn't touching it. Then when he was done, he told my mom that he just wanted to be close to Jesus and he didn't ruin the picture. He didn't touch it, he just wanted to be close. What an amazing little boy. I love him and his sweet spirit. I am so glad that he is a part of my family and I get to know him.
6 comments:
Okay so you just have the sweetest boy ever!
That was awesome! We're going this Friday with our Kaden and we just can't wait!!! I'll see you tonight!
OK, you're doing an awesome job raising those kids. I'm afraid the best thing I'll be able to teach my little one is how to out-belch Dad.
Awww, the story about Caden brought tears to my eyes.
that is the cutest story I've ever heard!:')
I loved the open house here too! It's so neat to take your kids and temples are so beautiful inside.
There's a painting by Del Parson but I bet you're talking about the one that has more red in it - I don't know that artist. Maybe I'll figure it out. =o)
Post a Comment