Saturday, July 12

Fighting a Struggle Battle

Ok, so this last Tuesday, I took Brinley in to the doctor to get weighed. She weighed in at exactly 8 pounds. We went to the doctor again yesterday to check her out since she was released from the hospital, and she weighed in at 7 pounds 12 ounces. She had lost 4 ounces in 4 days. I couldn't believe it. Seriously, she is 7 1/2 months old. She should weigh more and be bigger than she is. Even if she was premature.
We have another doctors appointment on Wednesday to see if she's gained any more weight. Our doctor says that if she doesn't gain weight soon, we will have to put the G-tube back in. I was devastated. We have fought too long and hard to get it out to have to put it back in! So, please pray that she gains weight before Wednesday. We'll keep you posted on the outcome!

8 comments:

Adhis said...

Oh, I ache with you. Yes, I'll pray for your little baby's health.

Jenn said...

We will remember in every pray we say. I hope things go well on Wednesday.

Utah_Dave said...

Yeah, we'll be praying for you guys.

Janet said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! She is in all of our prayers.

Heather said...

I hope she gains weight! Jack now weighs 16+ lbs. I know it's not much of a comparison. I hope she gains some weight and she doesn't have to have her tube back in!d

Susie said...

Oh Kat, I'm sorry. My babies were born bigger than that! My niece went to the hospital for a while and lost weight. But she was eating solids already and they had to add calories to everything they could. That's not so easy with little Brinley.
We'll pray for her!

Lyns said...

Hi! It's Lynsey from the ward. I met your husband a couple of weeks ago and he gave me the lowdown on your sweet baby girl. I will so keep your family in my prayers!

Kristen said...

Put on the pounds, little girl!!!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust