Saturday, July 5

Time, Time, and More Time

You know, I've come to the conclusion from being here for a week, that time does not exist in a hospital. It's like time is not anything that people use. I was talking to the doctor this morning and realized that it has been 7 days. Luckily, she is doing better. They were talking about sending us home today, but last night she kind of had a relapse and threw up quite a bit again. So, we are starting over again this morning, and seeing how she does with her feeding today. They don't really want to do a whole lot over the weekend since a new doctor will be in on Monday and will be here for two weeks. So, if she doesn't do well today and through the night, then we will probably see what happens on Monday. So, it's a big waiting game again today. Not much to report on, just more waiting. It was hard to get the news that we wouldn't be going home, but I would much rather be here that to get her home and then have to bring her in again. Plus, they all aren't bad. :) We even had one of her past nurses stop by this morning cause she saw that we were still here. Even though she was on the other side of the hospital, she wanted to come say hi. They are awesome.

3 comments:

Adhis said...

I have to agree with the time-stands-still-in-a-hospital statement.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the love you have for your child was transmitted to her when you held and rocked her and made everything instantly better? Sometimes when I'm trying to comfort Baby Adhis, I'm "surprised" that my love doesn't immediately remedy her ailment.

Englishfam said...

Time in a hospital is like being in a movie theater during the day. While your there it seems like it's night all the time but then you step outside the doors and realize that the sun really did rise that morning! It also seems to go by WAAYY slower, which is no fun. I am sorry that you got your hopes up about going home, we'll be crossing our fingers for Monday. Hang in there Kat!

Janet said...

Kat
It sounds like it's your turn for me to bring you chocolate! I am always amazed by how strong you are. Brinley is so lucky to have you for her mom. I hope that you get to come home soon!

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust