Tuesday, July 8

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig!

Yes, yes, we are home! We were able to be released Monday morning. Brinley has done well since we have been home. She is still continuing to spit up a little, but it is not the vomiting like it was before. It was kind of funny, cause the nurse that took her weight before she left the hospital must have written it down wrong. 3.055 k's is about 6 1/2 pounds. And I really didn't think that she had lost 1 1/2 pounds in one day. So today, I took her to the doctors office just to weigh her, and she weighed exactly 8 pounds even. So, I think she weighed 3.55 k's which is 7 pounds 13 ounces. Which would seem more resonable. The nurse and I had a good laugh. :)
Thank you all for your prayers and concern for us while we were in the hospital. We truly appreciated everything.
I have a couple pictures from our little hospital visit that I thought I would share......
Even though she was sick, this is her on the second day at the hospital. She still managed to smile and laugh. Seriously, she truly is an angel. :)






We went to the zoo on the 4th of July with Grandpa and Grandma with Caden. The nurses were very nice to watch Brinley for us so we could get a break. We had a blast. :) Caden sure does love his grandpa. They are best buds.

Caden liked staying at the hospital and being able to watch the fireworks from their patio. We were going to have Brinley out with us, but she fell asleep right before it started, so we let her be.









This is Veronica. She was our favorite person EVER while we were at the hospital. She was there with us from the beginning in the ER at Primary Children's to the last day. She loves her job and you can totally tell. She was there for mommy when she had her good days, and when she had her breakdowns. :) But, we had to get a picture of Brinley with her on her last day as we were getting released. It will go in our book of favorite nurses and hospital people that we started when Brinley was born. :) THANK YOU VERONICA! WE LOVE YOU!




This is a picture of Brinley's heels as of today. This is just the one area of her that was poked beyond belief. She has many, many battle wounds. Thank goodness they only had to take lab bloodwork out of her head once because they couldn't get any veins to work. That was the worst. But, as you can tell by the picture, she is still smiling and is doing really good. We are so glad to have her home, and to be able to sleep in a nice soft bed, with no vampires coming in the middle of the night. :) Give it up for the home front!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yessssss! I am so happy for you! Congrats and good luck. I hope she continues to improve and add some weight!

Janet said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad that your home! I hope that you get a break for a while, no cars breaking down or anyone being sick. :) Your awesome for sure.

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear she's home! What a trooper she is and she has an infectious smile!

chelon:) said...

i am so glad that she is doing better! she is such a beautiful girl. i hope that all stays well and healthy!!

Susie said...

I'm back home again, too. It's not even close to the same, but I had to tell you that because I need an excuse for not posting those comments that made you feel better when you were stuck in the hospital.
Brinley just keeps getting cuter! I love the clothes you put her in. They're not the usual baby clothes. Well, as far as I know. What do I know about girl clothes? But she always looks so cute.
Here's to life slowing down for a while!

Kikibug said...

Congrats on coming home. You have a true Angel for sure. She is a TOTAL DOLL!! Smiling through all of that... so sweet.

"It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us."
-James E. Faust